Notary Rotary
Identity theft
Notary Discussion History

Identity theft
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Calnotary on 11/29/13 2:23pm
Msg #494412

Identity theft

I have been a victim of IT for more than 20 years.

I found out around 1998 one year later when I got married.

In 1992 this thief filed taxes under my number and then when I filed my taxes after him I was supposed to get a refund but he end up with a debt that I had to pay. IRS told me that I had 3500.00 debt and I could not understand why so I started a payment plan at 100.00 per month for several months till it was clear out who really owed that amount.

In 1986 he committed a felony but since he was using my SS it was on my record.

In 2002 I applied for a US Passport, no problem I got my passport
In 2013 I reapplied to renew my passport and it showed that felony so I have to send out all paper work to Washington DC proving with copies of my police report of IT. I got my passport.

I get letters in my mail when he gets in trouble or has car accidents and they want me to pay for
past parking tickets, etc.

I get letter on the mail when he applies for credit cards under my name and I need to call and cancel those cards. One time I noticed on my credit report a card that I never paid for 7500.00 with BOA
It took me months and months to remove that bad mark on my file. This time this card was issued when I had my credit frozen. Why BOA issued this card to this guy if my credit was frozen?

Good luck signing that release form.

YES PEOPLE GO AHEAD AND SIGN THAT FAMOUS RELEASE FORM SO THEY CAN USE YOUR INFO.
and if some one steals that info and end up in Identity theft nobody will be responsible but you.

Reply by sueharke on 11/29/13 2:52pm
Msg #494414

I don't know if this will help, but the Social Security Administration has been known to change a SSN given extreme circumstances. I don't know what these circumstances are, but it is worth a try. I know you probably do no like lawyers, but maybe there is one who may help you achieve this goal.

Reply by sueharke on 11/29/13 2:59pm
Msg #494415

Also, write your State Senator, Assembly man, US Senator, Congressman and ask for their help to get a new SSN assigned to you. The SSN administration must reply to any question concerning a person in their district. I solved a problem many years ago by doing this because the SSN administration got tired of answering questions to too many people.

Reply by sueharke on 11/29/13 3:09pm
Msg #494416

Change your password with the credit bureau where you have your credit frozen. Somehow the crook might have gotten that information.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 11/29/13 4:16pm
Msg #494419

I was a victim of Identity Theft without signing any autho.. n/m

Reply by Belinda/CA on 11/29/13 4:42pm
Msg #494423

It took 5 years to get my husband's credit cleared up bec/

of someone getting his personal information.

Five years of surprise after surprise coming in the mail and phone calls wanting money that we did not owe.

Identity theft is not to be taken lightly.

Reply by John Tennant on 11/29/13 6:43pm
Msg #494433

Protect yourself. DO NOT sign the FNF form or

any other form that places you in a stolen identity position. DO NOT BE A FOOL, or you and your money will soon be parted.

Reply by Stoli on 11/29/13 9:45pm
Msg #494438

Freeze your credit with the three credit reporting agencies

As Sue said, freeze your credit

Equifax, Experian and Transunion.

That prohibits anyone from opening new credit in your name; also, if you receive a new social security number, that person currently using your credit cannot continue to get new credit under your name and current social security number .... wouldn't that be a hoot?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.