Notary Rotary
JUST TO BE CLEAR!
Notary Discussion History

JUST TO BE CLEAR!
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Grammyzoom on 11/7/13 8:58am
Msg #491724

JUST TO BE CLEAR!

I very rarely post on this forum because there is a group of you who always seem to target me as someone I am not. There are occasional rumors spread and conversations about things I have or have not done. I choose to ignore these things because I will not allow them to negatively impact me.

However, someone called me and told me that once again, people are talking about me on the Notary Rotary forum without bothering to ask me what my intentions are. So I posted my answer to them on a previous post but frankly, I waited too long and the post is old and I doubt if anyone will be reading it.

I entitled it: THEY SHOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT. It is important to me that certain people read that post so here it is....again.

I have been posting blogs which contain information that all of us should be aware of so that we can make decisions and create opinions based on facts, not on rumors and/or old information. The blogs are open to anyone interested in reading them. Other materials are available to our students and graduates only.

I believe the association that everyone here seems to call the XYZ group found a way to assist the SPW in setting up their workshop. I believe that the intentions were to have control and to make themselves look good for their commercial members. However, in my humble opinion, by doing what they did they do not have the control they thought they would have. They are working in the capacity of advisors with no voting power. And now the creation of this workshop and the domain/website for SPW, which they own, has come back to bite them by alienating huge numbers of their membership. I don't believe they are enjoying the backlash and it is not turning out the way they hoped when they assisted this group in avoiding any Anti-Trust issues.

I have been in contact with one of the officers of this organization, a very nice man I must say, and I think his life has become one of just handling "damage control".

And please folks, if you have any questions about my intentions or actions please call and ask me. My phone number is 623-297-9341 and my email address is: [e-mail address]

DO NOT JUST ASSUME THAT YOU KNOW WHAT I AM DOING OR WHAT MY INTENTIONS ARE! HAVE THE COURAGE TO ASK ME BEFORE YOU POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/7/13 9:25am
Msg #491730

The only mention of your name I know if is in #491671, and

it wasn't derogatory IMO. Thanks for posting your position on this matter. Yes, I'm glad they're getting a lot of flack for this attempt to control the industry. IMO they should be getting a lot of flack about it. There are many of us that are speaking out LOUDLY about all this.
Also, as far as I know, the only position anyone has ever taken on the forum about you is a concern over advertising. Otherwise, I miss your input. ;-)

Reply by Larry/IL on 11/7/13 9:36am
Msg #491737

A lil advertising in the OP

The statement in the OP thread, "Other materials are available to our students and graduates only." seems to be advertising, something of value that only the poster's group has access to. That statement clearly wasn't needed to communicate what she wanted.

IMHO

Reply by Grammyzoom on 11/7/13 9:50am
Msg #491739

Re: A lil advertising in the OP

The letter that was sent out to my students and graduates and as a blog on my website was somehow or somewhere posted here on Notary Rotary without my knowledge. No problem with that because as a blog it was public information.

That being said, the contents mentioned in that letter were not intended as advertising. This was information that took me a whole night to put together and try to make sense of. It was posted on the password protected area of my website and intended for my students and graduates only so they could be better prepared if and when they took this CSS exam.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/7/13 10:37am
Msg #491753

She is Correct. Someone else reposted the link from her blog

she was not advertising. And I don't believe she had anything to do with the original post. I posted a response on here to her blog and I was only partially correct in my post. But there was no advertising.

Reply by ME/NJ on 11/7/13 10:49am
Msg #491756

If you do not want someone to see it, don't post on net

Fair game you give things up if you post on the net for the world to see or read.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/7/13 10:58am
Msg #491760

This is valuable info & thank Carol for taking the time to

post it here. Just because she runs a co. doesn't necessarily mean this is posted as being self-serving.

Reply by Robert522TX on 11/7/13 12:18pm
Msg #491771

Jeeze!! She was not advertising, just trying to clarify something. Just because she mentioned about other information being available for students and graduates of her classes, doesn't mean someone needs to poke at her.
She is a very nice, knowledgeable, and helpful lady and deserves respect.

Reply by Amigoaz on 11/7/13 1:38pm
Msg #491797

Carol's comments are valuable and she wasn't advertising. But, I will give a testimony here that I passed both of the Notary2Pro courses (90% minimum requirement). Even after years of loan signings I learned a lot and got refreshed on even more. Carol is tireless in her support of Notaries, just like Harry is here at Notary Rotary. We need you both & more like you.
I also took the XYZ course in 2010 and got "certified". That was not worth the fee except I could claim being Certified & Background Screened after paying additional fees.
If you need to take an exam to be a CSS I suggest checking Notary2Pro.com as well as here, NR, and not give any more $$ to xyz.
My $0.02

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/7/13 3:18pm
Msg #491831

"If you need to take an exam to be a CSS I suggest checking Notary2Pro.com as well as here, NR, and not give any more $$ to xyz."

As good an idea s that is, it's not going to be an option - only one organization will be authorized to certify and designate notaries as a CSS. - or only one organization's certification or CSS status will be accepted/recognized.

Reply by Christine/OK on 11/7/13 5:25pm
Msg #491866

Yes, Carol Ray & Harry S tirelessly support Notaries. :D

Creating a better working environment for us all. Kudos to both Harry and Carol. Appreciate your support and efforts!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.