Notary Rotary
Just dropped by to say "HELLO THERE!"
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Malbrough_LA on 11/14/13 9:21am
Msg #492669

Doing some catch up reading on all this spw stuff. My initial gut response is the same that it always is though. I took a beast of a bar exam to earn my commission. The paperwork sent to me by the state of Louisiana prior to being allowed to sit for the exam included a very thorough criminal background check. After passing, I was appointed as a public official by the governor after receiving unanimous confirmation by the state senate. If my understanding serves me correctly, I'm governed by the laws which I swore to uphold. Now by making a declaration -- of course an understood one since if it were in writing, it may cause...problems for the entity -- that person "X" will not receive any further jobs unless and until they have gone through hoops put in place by some extraneous administrative entity which does not understand the least of what occurs in my state, how am I not to take that as a machination solely intended to self propagate the entity? Who are they really "looking after"?

Can't say our clients because my state trained me to do just that. : /
I'll step off my soap box now and continue reading. Hope everyone's having a great day! Smile

Reply by A S Johnson on 11/14/13 9:58am
Msg #492683

Agree.
And to expound, in Louisiana Notary Law differs as do Real Estate Law does from, say next door Texas or Mississippi, so how can a for profit, Califorina business, Like NNA, SPW, which are NOT a governmenal group, establish rules for Notaries nationwide,orverriding stste laws and rules?

I do wonder when I hear from Title/Escrow companies, signing services the retort to my fees that "all" other Notaries in your area are accepting " these lowers fees. Could it NOT be reasoned these providers of a Notaries work got this lower fee idea from the NNA's published rates of a few years ago. The rates that got them in trouble with the U S anti trust people.
Even those recieving Social Security get a raise for Cost of Living each year NOT a reduction of benefits.

Reply by jba/fl on 11/14/13 1:29pm
Msg #492727

Hi to you too, Ryan. I also agree with your assessment and have no plans to cow-tow to these people who want to usurp state's laws and authority while lining their pockets at the expense of our community.

AS Johnson:
"Even those recieving Social Security get a raise for Cost of Living each year NOT a reduction of benefits."

No, there is not a yearly COLA - about every other year or two lately.

Reply by 101livescan on 11/14/13 10:01am
Msg #492685

Thank you for your unbiased sanity, voice of reason

Wondered when we would be hearing your slant! Welcome back, Ryan.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.