Notary Rotary
Lots of Push Back on the SPW
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Notary On The Go on 11/6/13 7:39pm
Msg #491671

companies filing complaints with the FTC, lawyers giving opinion on the FNF Background Release and we should not send this in, it is far too reaching. One attorney said SS or whomever is collecting them could be liable for ID theft. There's nothing in that release that says how they will safeguard the information. Christine OK in another post said send it to CFPB for an opinion. That's what attorney's are advising. Here is one address, I'm sure there are others [e-mail address] . Many have emailed it off to private attorneys and their legislators for opinions. I hear the NNA has an onslaught of complaints from members and non members. How many people have called the Mortgage Bankers Association in Washington DC or emailed them their complaints about he SPW? Anyone have any luck? Rumor is there are some groups hopefully coming to the rescue, but we all need to reach out to notaries in our areas by phone or email and educate them that they do not need to send in this release or submit to the proposed SPW guidelines. We have choices. Remember the people on this board are a small number of those who are actually SA's and those not on a board don't know what their options are. Educate, educate, educate. Also remember that many on this board are part time, some don't work the business at all any longer and they are not going to help with this battle. You have to find the notaries who actually are doing the signings in your area. Kudos to Darlin AL. Looks like they have been busy. Have you all called the American Association of Notaries? I hear they are looking for input from their members as to whether they should take on this battle. Call or email them. For those on LinkedIn check out notary2pro and National Notary Organization pages. Wow, NNA is getting an earful. Has anyone ever thought of saving or emailing all the BS fraud we see to the heads of the lending institutions? Maybe they don't know how crooked their employees are.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/6/13 8:30pm
Msg #491679

We're hearing a lot from you, & it's getting confusing.

Maybe I could ask you to write in paragraphs, so this reads a little clearer. I'm having a hard time trying to follow what you're saying.

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/7/13 12:42pm
Msg #491779

Agree. One manic paragraph (on steroids). I need simple. n/m

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/7/13 12:53pm
Msg #491782

Re: Agree. One manic paragraph (on steroids). I need simple.

OK, let me try:

FNF Background Release: Many have emailed it off to private attorneys and their legislators, who are saying we should not send this in (far too reaching); one atty said SS or whomever is collecting them could be liable for ID theft. There's nothing in that release that says how they will safeguard the information.

Have you all called the American Association of Notaries? I hear they are looking for input from their members as to whether they should take on this battle. Call or email them. For those on LinkedIn check out notary2pro and National Notary Organization pages.

Wow, NNA is getting an earful: Heard NNA has an onslaught of complaints from members and non members.

How many people have called the Mortgage Bankers Association in Washington DC or emailed them their complaints about he SPW? Anyone have any luck? Has anyone ever thought of saving or emailing all the BS fraud we see to the heads of the lending institutions? email: [e-mail address]

Rumor is there are some groups hopefully coming to the rescue, but we all need to reach out to notaries in our areas by phone or email and educate them that they do not need to send in this release or submit to the proposed SPW guidelines. We have choices. Remember the people on this board are a small number of those who are actually SA's and those not on a board don't know what their options are. Educate, educate, educate.

Also remember that many on this board are part time, some don't work the business at all any longer and they are not going to help with this battle. You have to find the notaries who actually are doing the signings in your area. Kudos to Darlin AL. Looks like they have been busy.

(Any clearer? In composition and copy edit mode this morning - and can't stop!)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.