Notary Rotary
M.D. at end of signature
Notary Discussion History

M.D. at end of signature
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Ragu/CA on 11/14/13 2:30am
Msg #492638

M.D. at end of signature

I am aware that if a individual is a Jr. or Sr. and it is represented as such under a signature line, with the proper ID, one would sign with his suffix. What about doctors? If M.D. is represented under signature line, am I to notarize the document with the assumption that M.D. should be on his/ her ID or is it only a title, such as "trustee", or capacity title such as "CEO"? If M.D. is a capacity title, should I be notarizing the document as such being that it is not up to me to determine weither or not he/she truely is a M.D.?

Reply by Ragu/CA on 11/14/13 2:54am
Msg #492639

Simplified question......What goes in the "personally appeared" portion of an acknowledgement if the signature line reads Joe Smith, M.D.?

Reply by Yoli/CA on 11/14/13 7:04am
Msg #492641

You would enter the name on ID. If M.D. appears on ID, then ACK would include M.D. In CA, the notary does not certify capacity.

Reply by Christine/OK on 11/14/13 8:17am
Msg #492650

Yoli's approach mirrors mine. :D n/m

Reply by Ragu/CA on 11/14/13 8:22am
Msg #492652

Re: Yoli & Christine Thanks

Thanks ladies. You have confirmed my thoughts.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.