Notary Rotary
More info on SPew group
Notary Discussion History

More info on SPew group
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 11/26/13 6:31pm
Msg #494178

More info on SPew group

The SPW group will be launching the CSS exam in 1st or 2nd quarter 2014. There is a Review Committee part of the group that is not yet set up and will be sometime in the 1st quarter 2014.

The SPW President Chris Sturdivant indicated that there will be "multiple providers" for BGC and CSS exam, certification programs that NSA's can choose from, but at this time is not known who all is involved or what the "market price" will be as that is set by the market.

My guess is that Notary Rotary, and the like, those selling certification programs, may have already been contacted by the group. Curious minds would like to know if NotRot has been contacted and what's their opinion about this hot topic.

The SPW standards apparently is not geared towards weeding out signing services, and TC's that use SS will probably have its vendors reviewed for CFPB compliance. It appears that some larger SS have already been contacted.

The group apparently was formed as a result of national lenders and title companies expressing their "fears" that there currently used NSA's may not be in compliance with the new CFPB rules, and wanted the NNA to assist them with creating this national signing compliance standards.

There is also a Communications Committee set up that is supposed to involve state legislature in this.

And the group has yet to contact ALTA.

Reply by DaveCA/CA on 11/26/13 7:41pm
Msg #494189

Please, please if there is going to be a certification course and/or test, make sure the person(s) that put it together know what they are talking about. It is so frustrating to be in a signing and have misinformation given by loan officer or agent. I never want to throw them under the bus in front of the client. I always try to correct them in a polite and gentle way. (I'll say, oh yes, it was like that until just recently (even if it's been a few years I say recently) and now ...)

What about the guy who is a great test taker but then just does whatever they want during the signing? This is impossible to police.

Thank you choir members for listening.

Reply by dgd/CA on 11/26/13 9:05pm
Msg #494201

Thank you the update Carrie. I certainly hope that T/Cs will actually investigate the SS that they utilize. That, at least, would be good news.

A couple of other items caught my attention:

"There is also a Communications Committee set up that is supposed to involve state legislature in this."

All states? That's quite a statement for IT to make.

"And the group has yet to contact ALTA."

I'm under the impression that FNF (thinks it) holds a vested interest in that, and could probably care less. lol

Reply by JimAZ on 11/26/13 10:47pm
Msg #494206

If I wanted to read a script, I would have become an actor.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.