Notary Rotary
NR lack of information Concerning CSS status
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by jnew on 11/18/13 1:07pm
Msg #493154

I have seen the announcements from NNA and have read plenty in this forum, but I see nothing on this site dealing with the transition from NSA to CSS for those companies requiring it. NNA said they are not excluding other sources, but I have yet to see any info directly from any other sources. I guess the relevant question is: Will the NNA be the only source these vendor management will be using? Too many questions and not enough defined answers.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/18/13 1:21pm
Msg #493157

It's all in what you believe. Many of us don't buy into NNA

setting themselves up as the "authority" in an attempt to control this industry. I'm not buying into any of it.

Reply by Stephanie Santiago on 11/18/13 4:07pm
Msg #493175

I'm with Marilynn on this one - not buying into it.... n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/18/13 5:19pm
Msg #493188

* Too many questions and not enough defined answers.*

That could be the reason that there has been little or no input from other sources.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 11/19/13 12:05pm
Msg #493260

They are trying to monopolize this market....

There are no other sources because its JUST the NNA via their new group SPW.

It is all hype at this point. I suspect that with the continued outpouring of resentment this new group is currently receiving on FB and on LinkedIn, the NNA will get the hint and will eventually dismantle the group or quietly bow out of it.

Reply by ikando on 11/21/13 1:32pm
Msg #493573

Re: They are trying to monopolize this market....

The NNA is only a for-profit organization and does not have authority over any of our Notary Signing businesses. HOWEVER, because of their name (National Notary Association) and their PR expertise, many state legislative bodies take the easy route of using them as a way to determine what to do within their jurisdictions with regard to Notaries Public. So our best recourse, in my opinion, is to be sure to make the REAL Notaries Public voices heard with regard to the services we offer to the mortgage industry and others. If we don't stand up to the NNA, those busy legislators who don't have time to read the bills before they vote, will take the opinion of the lobbyists who are in front of them to pass the laws that affect us.

We Notaries Public need to stand together if we want to NOT have the rules NNA-SPeW is putting out there enacted by our governing entities. Check out what's happening at www.AmericanNotarySigningAgents.org. That group is working to offset the requirements being pushed upon our private businesses by an organization that does not represent us.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.