Notary Rotary
New App from Signature Closers
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Suzibelle01 on 11/11/13 12:52pm
Msg #492269

Did anyone receive an email message asking to download a faxback app from Signature? This app is supposed to make it easier for the notary so we won't have to run home to make sure we get the faxbacks done in a timely manner and the title company will have them right after the signing is complete. And there is a verbage where 100 credits will be given. So, wondering what kind of charge will there be after the credits are used?

Reply by Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 12/3/13 1:37pm
Msg #494830

Hi Suzi,

It is actually $0.15/page once the credits run out. We negotiated 100 free credits to let our network try it out and also to get their feedback. As compliance has become more pressing, more and more larger national lenders are requiring document security not only on the front end (when companies like us send you documents) but also on the back-end (when you send us the signed documents via fax or email). This is one method we are considering to retrieve the documents after the closing in a more secure manner. We also intend to allow our notaries to upload documents using their profile in the future as well.

I think you will find a push for this type of security more and more as time goes on. Compliance has become a major concern with ALTA Best Practices coming into effect and the new SPW workgroup.

Mark

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/3/13 1:52pm
Msg #494834

So you're saying...

it's going to cost US $.15/page to fax docs to you? Am I understanding that correctly? I hope not..

Reply by Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 12/13/13 1:37pm
Msg #496042

Re: So you

Hi Linda,

Not necessarily. The Notary Fax Back Pro application has a cost of $0.15/page to email documents to an end user. We negotiated a free 100 credits to a portion of our notary network as a way to test it out. We don't require this to be used at this time.

I do know many of the nation's largest lenders will be looking to find ways to secure the "back-end" of receiving closing documents. When you fax or email a scanned closing package back to the title company or signing service, this is not generally secure. They want to find a way to secure these documents. Notary Fax Back Pro provides one alternative to do this.

We also intend to develop a secure portal within your profile on our site where you can upload documents directly into the closing (similar to how you can pull documents from our site via your profile). This is obviously a FREE alternative that we will promote at some time as well.

We simply want our network to be aware of these forthcoming changes and provide alternatives to them as opposed to leaving them in the dark to fend for themselves.

The $0.15/fee per page also does not benefit us whatsoever. It is 100% paid to Notary Fax Back Pro.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/14/13 9:32am
Msg #496113

Re: So you....thanks for your response...I was not implying

that you benefited from the per page fee so please don't think I was. I guess my next question is

Will we be reimbursed for the $0.15/page faxback fee? In addition to our OWN fee for the time and travel involved in complying with the faxback requirement?

Just doesn't seem right to me that, once again, notaries will have to shoulder the cost of someone else's requirements. As it is we have to fight for the fees we want to do these assignments - are we going to have to fight for reimbursement on this too?

I certainly hope not. I like working with your company and would hate to see our business relationship end due to this.

JMO

Reply by Signature Closers, LLC - Marketing on 12/17/13 11:52am
Msg #496360

Hi Linda and all,

Very good questions. We also don't like seeing additional costs constantly passed down the line. As you all know, we unfortunately feel the pinch just like you with the small margins on these files. That's another discussion for another day however!

In regards to the potential reimbursement of the cost of this application, we have given this consideration. We are NOT requiring anyone to use this application currently so at this time will not be reimbursing for it. We hope to provide a few alternatives to this program as a way for signing agents to securely submit information back to us in a cost effective (FREE) manner.

So to answer your question directly:

1. We are not reimbursing today but we do not mandate you use this software.

2. We hope to provide additional methods of delivery that will be at no cost to the notary signing agent on the back-end delivery of signed closing documents.

3. We appreciate our relationship with you and our other partners also and will continue to work for solutions to benefit you and us.

Mark

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.