Notary of the Year stuff
Notary Discussion History

Notary of the Year stuff
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 11/14/13 12:16pm
Msg #492712

Notary of the Year stuff

I know that many here don't really like the NNA... you're not alone. Smile

I've always thought that the way to help with that situation is to get people involved with opposing viewpoints so that they can hear the voice. If nobody speaks up, they will just go on doing what they're doing.

So, yesterday they asked people to submit names for their annual Notary of the Year... that's the award that Kathy Fletcher won this year.

I told them that it would be nice if they honored notaries who were not only NOT members of the NNA but were actually critical of them. I told them that some of the best notaries I know, who deserve the exposure, are not and would never be a member of the NNA and i felt that a lot of people in the industry (who only focus on NNA related stuff) really miss out on being exposed to these non-NNA members and their activities.

Today they responded:

"NNA membership is not a requirement for the Notary of the Year or the Honorees. The only reason they would be overlooked is if they aren't nominated. Lastly, being critical of the NNA, or of anything in the Notary world, is never a disqualifier. It's actually a benefit."

I don't know if that is a new change or not... but there you have it. I think it would be nice if the honorees for 2014 were packed with some of the best of the notary world... and many of them non-NNA members who can be given a voice on a national level. I know a lot of them are right here at NotRot.

Reply by sueharke on 11/14/13 12:25pm
Msg #492713

We got insiders in the NNA who do not like the NNA, but get the information we outsiders have no access too. These are really people that are needed.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 11/14/13 12:31pm
Msg #492716

I agree... they have machine and the audience, what they needs are people to get in and change it for the better. A lot of those people, IMO, are right here... even though I know many of those people don't like them.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/14/13 3:18pm
Msg #492765

I understand what you're saying, Marian, but that

Notary of the Year thing is another one of their marketing tools. I do know that several of our deserving notaries were nominated & chosen. The title is an honor, but you need to consider what organization created it in the first place.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 11/14/13 4:49pm
Msg #492793

Re: I understand what you

That's true, Marilyn. It *is* a marketing tool... and I totally understand why some people wouldn't want ot be a part of it in any way.

I just found in interesting that they actually are encouraging nominations of non-NNA and NNA-hostile notaries.

If anything, it might spice up the speeches the honorees give at the conference. Smile

Reply by MW/VA on 11/14/13 8:30pm
Msg #492825

They talk out of both sides of their mouths. IMO they're

covering themselves these days by saying that "membership is not required". ;-)

Reply by Exclusive Mobile Notary on 11/14/13 4:19pm
Msg #492789

Just make sure you spell my name correctly when you nominate me... Wayne Clemons Jr.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.