Notary Rotary
Number of Notaries in US
Notary Discussion History

Number of Notaries in US
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Larry/IL on 11/1/13 4:35pm
Msg #490939

Number of Notaries in US

Might anyone know of a resource that states the number of notaries in the US or possibly listed by state?

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 11/1/13 5:00pm
Msg #490943

Illinois approx 174,000 for approx 13 million population
CA approx 162,000 for 38 Million

XYZ comes out every 5 years or so with a state by state number.

CA is easy because it updated every day on our Sec of State's website.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 11/1/13 5:53pm
Msg #490948

Cut/pasted from NNA job posting in 2010 (linked to in my message #490389)

"The challenge is that only about 5% of the nation's 4.8 million Notaries are members of the NNA"

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/1/13 6:16pm
Msg #490950

And the sad thing is that it doesn't seem to have occurred to them that they could probably dramatically increase their membership if they truly tried to serve notaries and looked out for our interests, instead of trying to prey on us and manipulate our marketplace. If I felt they did that, I would happily pay for a membership, as I'm sure would many others.

Reply by JimAZ on 11/1/13 10:14pm
Msg #490971

Well said. Canceled my membership three years ago when they wouldn't renew my BGC without me paying for a new signing certification I had already completed the year before. I didn't have to take the signing certification test again, just had to pay for it. Are you listening,,,XYZ????

Reply by Mike Goodey on 11/1/13 11:23pm
Msg #490978

Why don't you put NNA instead of xyz? Are you afraid they will 'retaliate" against you? By not giving you the business you want or deserve? Geez, it's hard enough when some of us have to decode what others are printing.
I got $65.00 for a 15 page purchase 1.35 miles from my house from Doc Pros...no faxbacks...about 1/2 hour from accepting assignment, printing docs , going to location, performing the notarization and driving back and having Fedex pick up the pkg. Piece of cake.

Reply by JimAZ on 11/1/13 11:35pm
Msg #490980

Yep, I got $125 for a sellers package, 20 pages, 3 miles from my office, no fax backs. You undersold yourself my friend. And I will say it. You must be NNA trained unfortunately. Try to be a Pro in this business and charge what you are worth.

Reply by John Tennant on 11/2/13 12:20am
Msg #490986

Obviously he does not think he is worth much Jim n/m

Reply by Mike Goodey on 11/2/13 11:31am
Msg #491012

Re: Obviously he does not think he is worth much Jim

Maybe I had nothing better to do and figured I could make a few bucks.

Reply by JimAZ on 11/1/13 11:42pm
Msg #490982

DocPros is a three star company dude. Enjoy waiting for your $65 bucks. That is if you get it. Leave the bottom feeders and work for four and five star companies. Read the recent comments.

Reply by JimAZ on 11/2/13 12:05am
Msg #490985

If you had been around very long ( 100 signings - LOL) you would understand we use XYZ to talk about NNA. This is out of respect for the owner of Notary Rotary who works very hard to support and help the Signing Agent profession. NNA (XYZ) does absolutely nothing but want your credit card number.

Reply by 101livescan on 11/2/13 9:46am
Msg #490997

Dude, DocPros hired and trained the biggest thieving SS

owner on the planet. Amanda Kirkish of Accurate National Signings, who split the scene owing notaries across the national more than $30K in favor of new boobs, Cancun vacation with her business partnering thieves and a whole house of new furnishings. Do your homework...DocPros is not only low paying, slow paying and sometimes non paying, but they did not do a background check on Amanda or they wouldn't have hired her in the first place. Amanda must have been licking her chops at the multitude of envelopes holding checks that were only released when the notary called in to ask about the check they were owed, and thought, HOLY COW, what a hot business. Think I'll do it. I'm pretty sure there are more notaries out there owned more than the amount that is currently being investigated by the Riverside County DA's office by more than a couple dozen notaries who filed complaints. Not only are the four owners of the company being investigated but the companies who also did not check out Amanda's background before they wittingly handed over thousands of borrowers private and financial information to her without a second thought. After 11 months, they cut her off because of the huge volume of notaries who called to complain about non payment issues, which of course thwarted their productivity. Always telling the notaries, we paid ANS, we have no obligation to pay you. CRAPPY.

Look up! my friend. Not such a hot deal you got there. Only work for 4 and 5 star companies to improve your bottom line.

Reply by Christine/OK on 11/2/13 3:23am
Msg #490989

AMEN, Janet! n/m

Reply by ME/NJ on 11/1/13 8:16pm
Msg #490961

NJ Dept of Revenue shows 122K that are valid. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.