Outlook 2010
Notary Discussion History

Outlook 2010
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by NJ_Notary on 11/8/13 10:40am
Msg #491960

Outlook 2010

Hi Folks,

I am using outlook 2010 and now experiencing an issue with it. When I go to send an email with a zipped file it wont work. When I click the attach file and choose the location (usually my desktop) the zipped file is not there. Does anyone know of any fix for this by chance? I am googling different things but nothing seems to be working. Any insight is appreciated. Have a great day! ~

Reply by JPH13/MO on 11/8/13 11:10am
Msg #491961

Re: Can't help with issue but here is are work arounds...

If you need to send the zipped file out soon and can't figure out how to do it thru Outlook:

1) Try going directly to the email site you use instead of thru Outlook and see if you can send it thru the site.

2) Go to http://sendthisfilenow.com/ and send it that way. The receiver will get an email with a link to download the file from the site. You can also include a message with the email.

PM me if you figure out how to get the zipped file sent thru Outlook 2010 as I have the same Outlook.

Reply by Carolyn Bodley on 11/8/13 11:25am
Msg #491962

There has been some confusion lately when referring to emails and Outlook. There is the Microsoft Outlook that is a package install with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook email, etc. and there is the new Outlook.com email which is completely different.

Reply by VT_Syrup on 11/8/13 11:31am
Msg #491964

It works for me. Try zipping a file yourself and see if you can send that. Maybe there is something peculiar about the zipped file you are trying to send.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.