Notary Rotary
Petition?
Notary Discussion History

Petition?
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Matt_VA on 11/1/13 10:31am
Msg #490834

Petition?

Lots of whining, but zero action on here. Would someone with a real business sense (not me) create some sort of petition for XYZ, at least from members of that org. Could be a mass email we each send individually. Maybe if EVERYONE could write your SOS, even if it's not their domain. In other words, create a stink and let the forces that be know our intense displeasure. Empty whining and idle threats are not doing a thing folks. Either find other work, accept this or try to make a change.

Reply by sueharke on 11/1/13 10:56am
Msg #490843

Petitions mean nothing. Just something to be read to a large meeting of politicians who may have already made up their mind.

Want to make a difference. Then use the first part of this post and "find someone with a real business sense" and let him or her do the job with solid support and monetary support.

XYZ is not using petitions but the good business approach to get what they want.

Reply by Darlin_AL on 11/1/13 10:58am
Msg #490845

they don't like being bombarded w/emails. Write away everybody!

Reply by sueharke on 11/1/13 11:25am
Msg #490857

You're right. It is easier to get rid of one petition than a flood of emails. Good idea.

Reply by MAC/WA on 11/1/13 1:35pm
Msg #490887

Draft something we can all cut and paste

I've been posting on NNA's facebook page like crazy, tho little that will do except make them chuckle. If someone drafted something up, that each of us could cut and paste to an email, then we could all send an individual email to the NNA.

Reply by Tudi/CA on 11/1/13 2:30pm
Msg #490895

What will really do some good is to somehow expose the XYZ practices to the right people in government (IRS, Courts) who can take them down. I'm sure they're breaking some type of law. Maybe a petition, signed by everyone, broken down by state. The petitions could then be sent to the Secretary of States of each State. Then have all the notaries send the petition and complaint to each of the their local state legislators, congressman and senators and ask for them to get involved into investigating what's going on and stopping the action at XYZ (because I'm sure some sort of laws are being violated here). We should all then send letters to our governors and President Obama. Maybe even some of the investigative reporters of the TV news stations. It seems to me that the recent moves of XYZ must be violating: Anti-Trust/Monopoly laws, Price-Fixing Laws and are also probably defrauding the government/IRS of money by claiming to be a non-profit organization.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/1/13 2:42pm
Msg #490904

Tudi, I think what would have to happen is each of the "participants" be required to explain why they've decided to join this particular "workshop" and just how instrumental NNA was in it's formation. Exactly what was it, from each participant, that made them decide these points were "standard". It's not the SOS's who are involved in this last mess - it's lenders and title companies who have been sold an agenda.

JMO

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/1/13 4:27pm
Msg #490936

I think you're getting closer here, but something like this could backfire on us, if not done right. For example: "I'm sure some sort of laws are being violated here". That's not a very convincing argument, I'm afraid. We need to find specifics and then search out the right agency or individuals to bring this to their attention.

Not everyone is going to see this through our perspective. If we make lots of noise without being able to cite specific laws being infringed, then we just look foolish. XYZ is headed by lots of attorneys and they've probably done their homework. I'm not saying we just shrug our shoulders, I'm just saying we try to act smart about this and do our own homework first.

Reply by sueharke on 11/1/13 5:01pm
Msg #490944

How much did you say your $$ budget was to get this done was? How much time do you have to write everyone? The best goal is to get other people involved to write and complain too.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.