Notary Rotary
SPW... NNA... hope they do their homework
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Signerbill on 11/15/13 6:41pm
Msg #492977

I am puzzled what makes NNA the definitive source for Notary Public training and standards? Q? are the lenders on board with this idea? I have been commissioned since the late 70’s, for as many lenders in the market place, there are also differences in how they want their docs executed. We NP’s deal across many statelines on the lending front, they better have their ducks lined up, or we will be doing a lot of resigns.. Q? are the escrow companies going to standardize their end of the docs? I do agree the due diligence of a background screening, and many of us go thru it yearly (DOD, DOJ, BRE/DRE, city or county jail, etc.), they all want the same information so there is nothing special about ONLY NNA’s company. Just to B-labor this a little further, whatever the final outcome, it better be cleared by your Notary Public commissions office. This office better be the one whos guidelines you follow.
If I didn’t know better I would think this is panic in the streets, stirred and served in the anticipation of a declining market.
REMEMBER NNA is only one of the many associations for the promotion of professional work Notary Publics do.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/15/13 7:50pm
Msg #492991

I know what you're saying. It's been the main topic of

discussion on the forum for the last few weeks. You might want to read some of these discussions. Many of us are not going along with all this hype by the NNA.

Reply by MikeC/TX on 11/15/13 8:07pm
Msg #492996

"I am puzzled what makes NNA the definitive source for Notary Public training and standards?"

Two words - they do.

If you repeat a lie often enough, people will eventually see it as truth.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/15/13 8:32pm
Msg #493000

"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will

eventually see it as truth.". That's well said, Mike. I've heard it said that" the truth is a relative thing, and it's more about what you can convince people to believe". Just look what happened in the mortgage & housing markets, for example.

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 11/16/13 8:48am
Msg #493020

Re: "If you repeat a lie often enough, people will

I believe it was Mao Tze Tung who first said that about repeating a lie.

Reply by FGX/NJ on 11/16/13 10:04am
Msg #493027

It was Joseph Goebles. The complete quote is:
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sources: Thinkexist.com

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 11/16/13 10:06am
Msg #493029

Repeating that statement in its entirety seems like something we all should be doing these days. Thanks.

Reply by LynnNC on 11/16/13 4:50pm
Msg #493056

Re: "If you repeat a lie often enough..." Have to post on JP n/m

Reply by Sandra G Holland on 11/16/13 6:03pm
Msg #493061

Re: "If you repeat a lie often enough..." Have to post on JP

Have to?

Reply by LynnNC on 11/17/13 4:11pm
Msg #493105

I meant I want to post on JP n/m

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 11/16/13 10:09am
Msg #493030

Usually contributed to Goebbels:-

"“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 11/16/13 10:12am
Msg #493031

Jim beat me too it - but

although it is contributed to Goebbels it is allegedly a take-off on Hitler's statement in Mein Kampf

http://bytwerk.com/gpa/falsenaziquotations.htm

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.