Notary Rotary
SSs requiring BGC from XYZ within last 12 months
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by HSH/WA on 11/18/13 4:11pm
Msg #493176

plus passing a new NSA exam both to be annual from now on. I knew Fass was requiring it but now a new one has come up which has been providing me with some closings. They required not only the cert but the full BGC itself PRIOR to confirming me for a closing - kind of hard to do since the BGC takes several days to do. My suspicion is that the BGC has my SS number on it which I will remove before handing it out. I don't need that info floating around since I use a TIN. I hope we can trust all the personnel that are going to be handling all our private info. Kind of scary.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/19/13 9:42am
Msg #493234

Where have you been? This has been the main topic of

discussion over the past few weeks.
Obviously, XYZ is taking advantage of the ss who are desperate for work these days. I'm not buying into it, and there are many here who have expressed the same sentiment.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 11/19/13 11:34am
Msg #493254

I confirmed with NATIONS DIRECT that they do require

a BGC with the federal info on it, and it DOES NOT have to be from the NNA, as long as it was done with the last year but no later than 24 months.

Reply by HSH/WA on 11/19/13 12:20pm
Msg #493268

Re: I lost the signing because my BGC was over 1 year old.

This all happened yesterday, that's why it is fresh in my mind. Fass does require an XYZ BGC and I often sign for them so that's my choice.

Reply by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 11/19/13 12:28pm
Msg #493271

Re: I lost the signing because my BGC was over 1 year old.

Fidelity does not require BGC's from NNA. They've made this clear I know this to be a fact as well, have in writing.

So not sure why that SS was requiring one from NNA. Stupid question, but did you ask that SS why or which TC or Lender was requiring a BGC from NNA?

Reply by Darlin_AL on 11/19/13 7:59pm
Msg #493328

FASS notified me same specifics n/m

Reply by Exclusive Mobile Notary on 11/19/13 10:51pm
Msg #493345

^^ We found the low ballers... n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.