Notary Rotary
Signing Professionals Workshop or SPW
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Solutions - Business on 11/5/13 9:32am
Msg #491337

The Following Link will send you into Carol Ray's Notary2pro website blog and gives a detailed explanation about the new SPW standards very informative

http://www.notary2pro.com/blog.html

Reply by jba/fl on 11/5/13 9:36am
Msg #491341

Advertising, pure and simple. We already have source

document and can discuss from that.

No thanks to you for your advertising though.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/5/13 9:45am
Msg #491345

This topic is really getting worn thin to the bone... n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/5/13 9:51am
Msg #491347

Here's my response on her web page

Carol, It is sad to see that you are going down this path in support of the SPW. I recall your recent uprising campaign and would have hoped that you would have come up with an alternative to the SPW. Their code of conduct is absurd. We as SAs need to band together to develop our own code of professionalism to show we are already in compliance. The mortgage industry is putting more and more responsibility on the SA, without giving us the tools we need to get the job done for their customer, the Borrower. Wouldn't we love to have documents early, have the HUD provided to the Borrower, have ample time at the table to complete our signings without fouling up our schedules. There needs to be responsibility put back onto the lenders and TC's in this business. What notary would willing backdate a document, or do a loan signing without proper ID? These our pushes and requests coming from the industry that is now trying to regulate us. An industry long known to be corrupt and to have caused the very demise of the economy we are now suffering through.

Reply by Notarysigner on 11/5/13 9:53am
Msg #491350

where did you get "Carol" from, that's no her name n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 11/5/13 9:54am
Msg #491351

meant "not" n/m

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/5/13 9:56am
Msg #491353

From the page James... As always, Carol

not sure what you mean. Isn't it Carol Ray???

Reply by Notarysigner on 11/5/13 10:03am
Msg #491355

Re: From the page James... As always, Carol

O I see....I thought Susana posted this.....Prehaps she should have done this http://signingprofessionalsworkgroup.org/ Since Carol's site is a "closed" site

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/5/13 10:55am
Msg #491368

Re: From the page James... As always, Carol

Carol's site is a blog that appears to be open.

If you mean not supposed to be posted here, I agree.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/5/13 11:07am
Msg #491374

Carol's site is not closed and I disagree. I think posting

it here gives us an opportunity to comment on it and educate others. jmo

Reply by Notarysigner on 11/5/13 2:03pm
Msg #491413

tHE "BLOG" IS OPEN BUT the membership is closed and

Carol is the one/only one who approves membership just like Cari and I do on our site. This I know for SURE!

Reply by ikando on 11/5/13 2:02pm
Msg #491412

Re: web page

CarolF, my interpretation of what Carol Ray is proposing on her blog is not the same as yours. I can see where it can be considered supporting SPW, but my take is that it's supporting the goals that group of TC/Lenders is trying to achieve per the rules set out by CFPB. (Carol Ray explains on her blog that XYZ is acting as the consultant--color me skeptical, though.)

Carol Ray has long supported more education and professionalism for NSAs. I believe that is something all service professions strive for. It's always the people who come in thinking they can make a quick buck that cause problems for those of us who are serious about our businesses. By Carol Ray being proactive with the information she has to date, she is trying to offer alternatives to the XYZ business to provide that education and professionalism.

In my opinion, it may be better, for those of us who enjoy the business of providing closings convenient to the borrowers, to wait until the dust settles from this new tornado. Then we can look at the alternatives and make an educated assessment of our future service to the industry. Nothing is set yet, and not expected to be until mid-2014, so there's plenty of time to review and respond, notifying the government entities that are involved of our concerns, and hopefully all come out with a better trained/educated, AND PAID, remote closer profession.

Reply by jojo_MN on 11/5/13 2:24pm
Msg #491423

"XYZ is acting as a consultant" - RIGHT

Since when do "consultants" have positions of President and Vice President on a committee???

Reply by Notarysigner on 11/5/13 9:51am
Msg #491349

Need a like button for sure now. n/m

Reply by Grammyzoom on 11/5/13 7:44pm
Msg #491471

THEY SHOT THEMSELVES IN THE FOOT!!

Someone called me and told me that once again people are talking about me on the Notary Rotary forum without bothering to ask me what my intentions are.

I have been posting blogs which contain information that all of us should be aware of so that we can make decisions and create opinions based on facts, not on rumors and/or old information. The blogs are open to anyone interested in reading them. Other materials are available to our students and graduates only.

I believe the association that everyone here seems to call the XYZ group found a way to assist the SPW in setting up their workshop. I believe that the intentions were to have control and to make themselves look good for their commercial members. However, in my humble opinion, by doing what they did they do not have the control they thought they would have. They are working in the capacity of advisors with no voting power. And now the creation of this workshop and the domain/website for SPW, which they own, has come back to bite them by alienating huge numbers of their membership. I don't believe they are enjoying the backlash and it is not turning out the way they hoped when they assisted this group in avoiding any Anti-Trust issues.

I have been in contact with one of the officers of this organization, a very nice man I must say, and I think his life has become one of just handling "damage control".

And please folks, if you have any questions about my intentions or actions please call and ask me. My phone number is 623-297-9341 and my email address is: [e-mail address]

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/6/13 6:13am
Msg #491507

Good information. Thank you, Carol. n/m

Reply by Solutions - Business on 11/6/13 2:18pm
Msg #491603

No harm intended here to anyone nor was this intended to be a form of advertisement. The intention was to pass on VERY good information solid useful information which seemed useful my apologies for the misunderstanding.
Carol Ray is an amazing educator .

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.