Notary Rotary
Standard Code
Notary Discussion History

Standard Code
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by LeeA on 11/1/13 10:00am
Msg #490823

Standard Code

Everyone is missing the bigger picture on the Script. It doesn't follow the law. The Til must be presented with the Note, they have the Til as one of the last documents to be presented.

The other thing do you think the Lenders will put these documents in this order of the Script. I think not. So we will have to re-arrange them, and you know what will happen we will get yelled at from the escrow officers because it won't be in the order they like.

I bet the people who are deciding the script have never done a closing, or disbursed a loan.

Its November 1, 2013 and things they are changing. I'm and old dog, and the changes I normally don't mind, but this time I do mind.

I had one of my title companies ask me the other day. Did I hear that they are going to require the Signing Agent to have a locked brief case. I said No I had not heard that one yet.
But it would not surprise me.

Reply by walthtz on 11/1/13 10:06am
Msg #490824

Prehaps we can get them to pay for the locked briefcase?

Reply by Laurie Manzanares on 11/1/13 10:10am
Msg #490827

It is already a law in California to have Stamp and Journal locked up when not in use.

Reply by Notarysigner on 11/1/13 10:15am
Msg #490828

Re: Standard Code New designation "Steford n/m

Reply by Notarysigner on 11/1/13 10:17am
Msg #490830

meant to say "Stepford" notaries n/m

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/1/13 10:22am
Msg #490832

Yep. So true. n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 11/1/13 2:51pm
Msg #490913

I think description would be "robo-signers" and we all know

how much press they gave that one! hahahha ;-) LOL

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/1/13 10:29am
Msg #490833

" It doesn't follow the law. The Til must be presented with the Note"

What law?

and IMO, locking briefcase should be standard equipment for any mobile notary - my stamp is in a locked banker's pouch, which is kept in a locked briefcase, and if I leave my vehicle without it the briefcase is in a locked trunk. Not saying it can NEVER get stolen (since we know where there's a will there's a way) but at least I've done my due diligence in making it as difficult as possible.

I'm just very sad to see that the *powers that be* felt that this "Standard Code" had to be issued at all. Hire those with a modicum of professionalism, knowledge and business sense and these things would never had had to be addressed as they have been. Also sad to see those *powers* falling for this crap.

JMO

Reply by Darlin_AL on 11/1/13 11:01am
Msg #490846

Linda--Re: Standard Code

tr last para,that's 1 issue I covered in emails today to xyx & the "group"

Reply by Lee/AR on 11/1/13 11:14am
Msg #490852

'powers' aren't falling for it; they're abdicating cuz it's

easier for them and to heck with us.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.