Notary Rotary
Verbiage Headaches!
Notary Discussion History

Verbiage Headaches!
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by CaNotary777 on 11/7/13 3:10am
Msg #491703

Verbiage Headaches!

I've run into few of theses recently--hence the post.
The signer kept insisting on stamping the acknowledgment certificate which was completely inconsistent with the CA acknowledgement verbiage. The document was of CA and not any other state, so I told the doc preparer I have NO option but to issue the Loose acknowledgement certificate with correct CA verbiage. she didn't accept and continued to press for stamping the wrong verbiage acknowledgement verbiage. So I politely declined.
Are we CA notaries at all allowed to stamp on certificates which doesn't have CA verbiage?
I know the exception is if its another state notary verbiage(that too we have to make sure we are not certifying someone's capacity)
Will appreciate inputs. Thanks

Reply by 101livescan on 11/7/13 9:23am
Msg #491729

WHO's in charge? The signer has no clue. That's when you "show them" the notary public handbook.

If someone is that anal, they themselves should take the notary exam and become a notary and learn about our job. Good grief.

Did you tell them their transaction would not record without the acceptable, current acknowledgment?

I hope lenders get their act together under their new program of compliance and provide the accurate notarial instruments in their packages for each state, or is this just too much to ask?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.