Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Virginia...conducting closings via web conferences...??
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by C. Rivera Chicago Notary Services on 11/15/13 1:53pm
Msg #492930

Apparently the state redefined “physical presence” to include an online presence...? huhwaahht

When did this happen?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/15/13 2:09pm
Msg #492933

Last year - but there's a whole list of

criteria that need to be followed - including prior in-person identification...AND the transaction has to be videotaped and the video kept for 5 years..almost must get e-notary commission.

I cannot imagine doing a loan signing like this -

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/15/13 2:10pm
Msg #492934

oops - "almost must get" s/b "also must get" n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 11/15/13 3:31pm
Msg #492941

This whole thing has been blown out of proportion, and I'm

not saying it's being mis-used. IMO it was set up primarily for government & military transactions, and has unique electronic notification criteria.
Again, you can be sure the NNA lobbied for this, and it's one of their former attorneys that set up shop in VA. hmmmmmmm

Reply by NVLSlady/VA on 11/15/13 4:19pm
Msg #492952

Govt & Military

and their employees/contractors don't need in-person identity. They use digital authentication, i.e., PIV (Personal Identity Verification) cards - supposedly the most secure security standard available (besides "personal knowledge"!)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.