Notary Rotary
Well I Got Suckered By Carol Ray
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by CarolF/NC on 11/19/13 5:24pm
Msg #493302

I know many people on this forum don’t like Carol Ray, but her intentions and conversations with me appeared genuine.

On Oct 29 the NNA released the SPW guidelines. By Oct 30 a group of us had organized and had planned a website for the purpose of addressing the SPW issues and a place for notary signing agents to unite. My niece, who was going to build the website for us, had a personal long term issue arise and was unable to build the website. Some person called Notary On The Go and myself started posting on Notary Rotary for someone to help build the website for us. Along comes Carol Ray and her Notary Rotary message is below. I agreed to join forces with her. My team worked for two weeks and every bit of content that was written and designed on AmericanNotarySigningAgents.com was our creation. Her daughter Barbara put the website together. All along I received numerous phone calls and emails warning me that she would use me and my group to get this project done and would claim credit to it. Before my team was ready for the website to be released, Carol Ray and jaxnotary031, the now President of her Board of Directors, began posting on Notary Rotary about the website. I was confused as this was not the plan. Today I received the email at the bottom. Well, people were right. She did use my team for all of the work and has not effectively laid claim to it. Now you wonder why NNA has the power it does. If someone would turn on a fellow NNA and do this, where is our power? Where are we united? I can’t speak for all of my team members who worked on this project, or the people that supported us, but I am so deeply upset that she would do this.

Notary Rotary Private Message
Date: Tuesday, November 05, 2013
To: Recipient Hidden

Subject: We need an SPW Alternative

Carol,

I don't visit this forum very often but I am knee deep in this SPW stuff was curious as to what was being said. I just read your post. We have a group of people on the LinkedIn forums who have approached me about a similar plan. I offered to purchase the domain and create the website.

Your idea is good and we plan on going further with letters going out to the governors of every state. We are getting some council on how best to approach this from an advocacy expert. I have also reached out to a friend of mine who owns a notary association with 50,000 plus members and he may be willing to act on behalf of the notaries at these SPW proceedings. I do not post on the NotRot forum for reasons of my own, but it seems to me that we have 2 different camps and could benefit from joining forces.

Please keep this message to yourself and let me know what you think.

Carol Ray, Owner
Notary2Pro
notary2pro.com

Carol Flinn,

PLEASE BE ADVISED OF THE FOLLOWING :

As of 11:45 PM on 11/17/2013, your participation and involvement in the ANSA was terminated.
Consider this additional written notice that by consensus and agreement of The Board members of The ANSA on 11/17/2013,
It was decided that it was in the best interest of the organization and all involved that your relationship in a leadership position was no longer desired.
The reason for this was explained in detail to you in several emails on 11/17/2013. I can forward and provide copies if you request and desire them.
You are no longer authorized to be a spokesperson, or organizer on behalf of The ANSA.
You no longer represent the views, opinions or can comment on behalf of The ANSA.
You no longer have access to any ANSA email accounts or can act in an administrative capacity for and on behalf of The ANSA.
You no longer have access in an administrative capacity or responsible in any capacity for The ANSA web site know as http://www.americannotarysigningagents.org.
You can no longer represent yourself as having ANY DECISION making, binding authority ,on behalf of The ANSA.
You can not solicit on behalf of The ANSA.
You can not make any agreements with any individuals or groups on behalf of The ANSA.
You do not own any content, information, web site, accounts, intellectual property, physical property, of The ANSA.
You are requested not to contact by phone, or text anyone involved in The Board OF The ANSA.
Consider this a cease and desist request on behalf of The ANSA of any form of your involvement in The ANSA.

You can as a NSA ( Notary Signing Agent) remain a member of The ANSA. The ANSA is open to all duly commissioned notary signing agent.
You are welcome to post on the forums of The ANSA. You are subject to all rules and guidelines of membership in The ANSA.

Please abide and honor these request for the sake and benefit of all concerned.

This is final and formal notice of your TERMINATION, dated this 19 th of November, 2013 @ 3:56 PM EST.

Respectfully requested,

Jose Ramon Maestre
Chairman of the Board of The ANSA

Dear ANSA Board of Directors,

Please be advised that ANSA does not have my permission to use any of the web content that was created by me. I have proof that of those documents and all website content that I created and were sent by email for use on the website which was to be a joint venture between Carol Ray and myself.

Numerous people reached out to me telling me that Carol Ray was only utilizing me for her benefit and planned to steal the website, the mission and the content from me. Each time she adamantly denied this and I continued trust her.

My emails will also support all of the aforementioned.

Sincerely,

Carol Flinn

Reply by Darlin_AL on 11/19/13 5:39pm
Msg #493305

Carol Flinn, enjoyed talking w/you so I know you are the

"real" Carol. I recall seeing the "jaxnotary" post. and the Notary on the Go, who didn't link either was strange. You have my support if you need any "testimony" to backup when we spoke & what we spoke about. Probably others got our "Carols" confused too. Thank you for posting. What did you supposedly do to get banished/terminated/eliminated/impeached/defrocked?

Reply by Anne McBride on 11/19/13 5:53pm
Msg #493307

The Governor letter is mine. Jose I have NOT given anyone permission to use my letter in any way shape or form or any content in it. You may not use any of it's words in any order for any purpose. To do so would be plagerism.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/19/13 6:27pm
Msg #493309

YOU ALL HAVE MY PERMISSION TO REPOST ON EVERY FORUM

AND SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE YOU HAVE ACCESS TO.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/19/13 7:24pm
Msg #493323

Just fix the typo first PLEASE NSA not NNA n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 11/19/13 6:43pm
Msg #493311

Sadly, this is why attempts to get notaries organized fails.

It seems everyone has their own agenda. In order for it to work, it has to be a democratic process, with input for everyone (including differing viewpoints) taken into consideration.
I also don't know that it served anyone well to post all this on this forum.

Reply by Sleight Enterprises - Joel on 11/19/13 6:50pm
Msg #493316

So Carol Finn, what was the purpose of this? Simply to malign Carol Ray since I see that it came from the board and not Carol Ray.
So since you are upset you attack someone who is actually trying to better the NSA's through education and understanding by trying to undermine what as a group is being accomplished.

Reply by jba/fl on 11/19/13 7:00pm
Msg #493319

A little "sleight of hand"? Aren't you on the board? or

head of it? Were you elected? How did you get that position?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/19/13 7:07pm
Msg #493321

Goodness I hope not - been a notary and signing

agent only since February, 2013. I'd hate to think this new, action-driven group is headed by a novice. You'd expect experienced notaries as leaders in running such an endeavor and implementing any agenda to combat this SPW fiasco.

"I am a Certified Background Screened NNA Signing Agent in Pasco County Florida. I am a graduate of the Notary2Pro courses, I am a proponent of continuing education"

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/19/13 7:16pm
Msg #493322

Hey Joel

We asked before she advertised the website to have a place for the teams around the country and the US to be able to organize, to post information about our work on the Compliance Standards, let her know what we needed to lead a group in this mission. All there is now is a pretty website, with all of our hard work on it, no tabs or information that we actually requested to get this effort off the ground. So if she has the team to pull this together, great. I just wanted everyone to know why we have been moving so slowly, when teams around the country were ready to move forward.

Reply by CarolF/NC on 11/19/13 7:05pm
Msg #493320

I really should proof more carefully

Not my forte which is why I needed website help.

If someone would turn on a fellow NNA (oops should be NSA) and do this, where is our power? Where are we united?

Reply by MW/VA on 11/19/13 8:25pm
Msg #493333

My understanding of "united" is with a common objective,

not a game of who did what. The whole demeanor of your posts recently has been divisive, not unitifying. IMO some are buying into the "divide & conquer" mentality. It's completely self-defeating. I don't know anything about what's going on the with "organizers" at this point, but if accusations are being aired that someone has stolen the ideas & website from you, it's a moot point, because you've already proven that people aren't willing to work together for the good of all.

Reply by Sha/CA on 11/19/13 9:34pm
Msg #493337

I'm sorry CarolF, I don't know you. Would you please link

your name with your profile?

Reply by John Tennant on 11/19/13 9:43pm
Msg #493338

Sha/ca see Darlin_AL's post above. n/m

Reply by Sha/CA on 11/19/13 9:55pm
Msg #493341

I don't know Carol Flinn is. I wanted to see her profile.

Thanks for responding John.

Reply by Sha/CA on 11/19/13 9:58pm
Msg #493342

Sorry... Don't know "who" Carol Flinn is. Who? n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 11/19/13 10:19pm
Msg #493344

Who is Carol Flinn?

Google tells me her zip: 28428
Find a Notary says: Notary on the Go
Both list same phone number
She can switch identities by clicking "add link to my profile"

Who will we get today? Why did she remove her profile and photo? By what name do you know her?

Where is that secret decoder ring? Who has the flag to the fort? Is someone in residence there?

to be continued.....

Reply by sigtogo/OR on 11/20/13 12:48pm
Msg #493418

Donn't know Carol, don't know Darlin. PLEASE LINK!! n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.