Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Write N Roll, LLC - anyone attended their training?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by Teresa/FL on 11/19/13 5:00pm
Msg #493298

They are aggressively recruiting notaries in Florida and I am curious to know if anyone on this board has attended one of their training sessions and actually received work assignments from them.

If so, would you share information regarding the types of assignments and the pay scale?

I am contemplating attending one of their sessions in Orlando, but don't want to waste my time. Of course, any documents I share with them will be heavily redacted. There is no reason they need all my driver's license info or my full background check report.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/19/13 5:04pm
Msg #493299

I just got the e-mail and deleted it

I'm not paying $30 plus have to drive 2.5 hours one way AND provide them with all the info they want (like your criminal background check - the *entire* report) -

Been in this business for 30 years - what training can they offer? IMO this is just a come on..

JMO

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/19/13 5:08pm
Msg #493300

Mass cattle-call as far as I'm concerned.

REGISTRATION PROCESS!!!

(1) Call 703-773-6439 or 1-800-665-0990 to register for the desired session

(2) Receive PayPal invoice from Write N Roll LLC

(3) Make $30 payment via PayPal using Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, or Discover

(4) Receive Registration Confirmation from Write N Roll (Bring to Session with you)

(5) SEND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS!!! (DO NOT SEND DOCUMENTS UNTIL CONFIRMATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED)

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: Copy of Notary commission certificate, Copy of Driver’s License, Copy of E&O Insurance, Criminal Background Check (Full Report), and a VOID Check (for payroll direct deposit). Please list Counties where you are available to conduct closing assignments. *Must have a notary stamp, reliable transportation, Internet, smart phone, laptop or computer, and a laser printer.

**NO Notary Assignments Will Be Given Until All Documents Are Received And Training Has Been Completed**

And this too: "Due to the overwhelming response from notaries at the DMV training session where live closings where given out during the session we will be implementing a “ROLLING” competition during this upcoming session where the notaries will draw names and be awarded the first closing of the Orlando area. In order to participate in the competition one must have all of their required documents." What??

Reply by jaxnotary031 on 11/20/13 6:13am
Msg #493371

Re: Sounds like a MLM scheme to me

This is a part of the email,

We want to meet, recruit, and train, credentialed/commissioned mobile notary signing agents who are within a 150-mile radius of Orlando and surrounding counties. We are also looking for motivated team leaders within a 150-mile radius of Orlando to manage the markets for upcoming loan signing saturations. All details, financial information and contract matters will be discussed during these training sessions.

Sounds like MLM to me!

Reply by Teresa/FL on 11/19/13 5:09pm
Msg #493301

I know what you mean Linda, that's why I asked

The training location in Orlando is just 20 minutes from me, so not that big a deal, but I'm not going to give up my morning or afternoon to sit through their training if the pay they plan to offer per assignment is not adequate to meet my needs.

From looking at their You Tube videos, I get the impression they want to meet the notaries face to face so they know who they are dealing with.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/19/13 6:46pm
Msg #493313

This is a notary who has also set herself up as an ss. Why n/m

Reply by MW/VA on 11/19/13 6:46pm
Msg #493314

Why would anyone pay for this? n/m

Reply by loancloser46 on 11/19/13 6:55pm
Msg #493318

"need notaries for upcoming saturation of signings"....lol

Who are they kidding??? Refi market is deader than my grandmother.

Reply by jba/fl on 11/19/13 8:02pm
Msg #493329

Re: "need notaries for upcoming saturation of signings"....lol

Google gives lots of info on them. Discussion on numbers site....not overly favorable either. Wants SS # not EIN - unheard of! Low pay, probably leading to no pay eventually.

I am leary.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 11/19/13 10:52pm
Msg #493346

$80 per signing is not gonna cut it for me

And I will not give anyone my SS # unless I am being hired as an employee, not an independent contractor.

Reply by BeachGirl on 11/19/13 11:58pm
Msg #493355

Don't waste your time like I did. I went to their training when it was FREE. All I received was one business card. Nothing else and that is okay but in the real estate biz we are really use to some showering of giveaways and/or food and/or drinks....nothing (not even a 35 cent pen)!

The thing that concerned me is their training just didn't seem quite right. I have been doing signings for over 4 years now, error free so I know what I am doing. Wouldn't you think that if you are training people in another state that you would know some of the notary rules of that state?? Heck these people didn't even know how many years a notary commission is go for in my state.

The other thing is they want your social security number. If I would have known this prior I would have NEVER attended their class. In fact it wasn't until a few days later that I received a call asking for my SS#. They WILL NOT accept EIN's. No company that I work for has my SS#. What's the purpose of even getting an EIN if you can't use it?? So this company has your drivers license, bank account info, and social security number all the info for someone to take your identity if it gets into the wrong hands.....Don't know if signing companies have rules that they have to abide by when handling people's personal info. But giving up my SS# was the last piece of the pie that I was NOT giving up.

Best wishes and good luck with what ever you all decide!!!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 11/20/13 4:38am
Msg #493369

Just notice this this morning...

posted elsewhere - touting their training seminars...they call themselves "Write N Roll University "

University?

Reply by Luckydog on 11/20/13 10:24am
Msg #493402

Re: Just notice this this morning...

I have been getting spammed by them for the "Miami Opportunity" for the past 2 +months. The only one making money is them and raking in the suckers for $30.00 each. I have sent them emails taking me off their mailing list to no avail. If this is how they handle their business, I would hate to turn any personal information over to them.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.