Notary Rotary
new one for me
Notary Discussion History

new one for me
Go Back to November, 2013 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 11/16/13 10:56am
Msg #493039

new one for me

Yesterday I had a loan officer call and tell me that his client needs to talk with her attorney before she signs. So I would I do the signing the next day and back date? When I refused he just said Thank you for your help and hung up.

Reply by MW/VA on 11/16/13 1:21pm
Msg #493046

Another LO game? If there was a 3-day RTC she could have signed & had him review it during those 3 days. Asked to backdate to accommodate stupidity--so typical.

Reply by CJ on 11/18/13 12:05am
Msg #493125

While she's talking to her lawyer . . .

She should ask him if it's okay to backdate. You and I know that it's not, but I am assuming she wants to talk to the lawyer because she wants to make sure that everything is legally okay. Backdating would sure throw a monkey wrench into THAT!

Reply by CJ on 11/18/13 12:07am
Msg #493126

P.S.

Of course, if the attorney DOES say it's okay, then you can fax him the law from your notary book. I would. Or better yet, fax the back-dating law ahead of time for her to take to the attorney. Send it to the SS and have them pass it along to the client.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.