Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #623261

0 replies
Indiana Notaries - yet again
By kcg on 8/18/20 4:00pm

If you received an email from Signature Closers telling you NOT to input into RREAL any Closing USA files, keep it. If IDOI catches a transaction that wasn't entered by the notary, you would be fined. If you have the directions from the source telling you not to do that, you're covered.

Msg #623254

4 replies
Payment
By Otis anderson on 8/18/20 2:38pm

do anybody know about WFG signing company do they pay on time

Msg #623246

5 replies
USA SIGNING AGENT
By Eric Roller on 8/18/20 12:42pm

Are there notaries are there that actually get signings from this group?
I paid $39 for 2 years and might have gotten a couple of signings, but, don't recall
getting any business from them in a long while...just curious on whether to renew or not
thanks

Msg #623237

6 replies
just heard an interesting story.....
By notarydi/CA on 8/18/20 12:10pm

friend of mine just went off about the notary exam. Apparently, her sister just took it last week. Difficult test with lots of tricky questions, face masks required to stay on the entire exam time with no air conditioning or air flowing at all in the closed room....and, worst of all, no social distancing.....you were sitting elbow to elbow with the next person. And, apparently, the proctors were not prepared with supplies and had to go out to their cars for supplies while the students waited patiently in the hot room......sounds like a COVID lawsuit just waiting to happen.......I just can't imagine!

Msg #623232

14 replies
New Signing Agent
By Heidi Ochs on 8/18/20 11:50am

Hello! I am new to the signing agent world. We refinanced the signing agent that completed our closing told me all about it and suggested I look into it. I did, but I could really use some assistance with how to get going. I have all my docs, ins, etc in order and have completed my profile with Snapdocs. I have received several texts/emails asking if I was available for a signing, but I have not been assigned to anything. What gives? I looked into Xome and Service Link, suggested by our signing agent, but these agencies require 50+ signings to join them. I would truly appreciate any advice on how to get started and actually begin booking appointments. Thanks so much!

Msg #623231

4 replies
Jim Coffey Elite Signing Agency LLC
By Luckydog on 8/18/20 11:45am

G/B/U...got this email, the name is sort of familiar but have no idea. Was he any good?

I am back. We are in need of experienced mobile signing agents in your area. If interested in placement

To our database, please respond with:

Areas of coverage, availability times, contact information
Can you receive requests via email or text. We understand you may be in a closing when requested.
Valid Commission, E & O policy, Background Check and W-9

Thank you and stay safe.

Msg #623218

5 replies
About 3.3 million homes in CA could lose power today
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/18/20 10:13am

We've just received an alert that power could be shut down between 3pm and 10pm in my area. Trying to get all my docs printed for the day/tomorrow before that happens.

It's so hot here, 7am was already in the 80s. Can't wait for fall...

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Trying to stay calm in this heat and in this biz requires careful planning.

My last signing last night was a Quicken hybrid...law enforcement officer and his lovely wife kissed after they saw CONGRATULATIONS on the iPad screen. So sweet! 15 yr 2.5 was something to celebrate.

Msg #623206

14 replies
Contracts
By Rolanda Craig on 8/17/20 11:44pm

Hi group, I have been a signing agent for 3 years. I have worked for hundreds of companies. Lately, I have really been giving a lot of consideration to starting my own signing agency. I am having a hard time making a contract to use with Escrow, Title, and Mortgage companies. Are there any places that offer templates? Also, I using accept assignments and never negotiate prices. Any help on setting a price schedule would be greatly appreciated.

Msg #623205

10 replies
my notary stamp impression smears
By CaNotary777 on 8/17/20 11:17pm

my notary stamp impression bleeds and this is causing a lot of stress to me . Never ever happened before. Seems the vendor's quality slipped n dipped a bit. What is the solution to stop it from bleeding/ getting smeared? Should I order a new stamp from somewhere else , like NR ? Will appreciate all prudent advice... many thanks in advance 🙏

Msg #623201

2 replies
mobile printers
By wildflower64 on 8/17/20 9:00pm

any suggestions out there for mobile printers, do they print both legal and letter? Any recommendations welcome! Thanks!

Msg #623189

4 replies
How do I re ink a Vector 4913
By  canotaryhere on 8/17/20 2:44pm

when I try to find it online, the instructions for a Trodat 4913 come up but the instructions don't follow the way this stamp is made

Msg #623170

13 replies
PRG Staffing Professional Resource Group FL Linda Schwartz
By  Cheryl Elliott on 8/17/20 9:21am

Anything more recent than this thread? Not such good reviews, but anything positive lately??

Msg #585628

I am supposed to have a buyers' package today at noon. I have a killer lineup today, no docs, and no one is responding to my emails for ETA...I'm outta here at 8am and no time to print on the road.

Any updates on how this company pays will be greatly appreciated in the next 40 minutes.

Msg #623158

3 replies
Employment Tax Deferral
By MariaMO on 8/17/20 6:49am

We are eligible to defer 50% of net Social Security tax for March-December 2020.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/deferral-of-employment-tax-deposits-and-payments-through-december-31-2020

Item 21 begins the discussion of self-employed individuals.

Msg #623153

9 replies
New Signing Agent. Long work history
By Notary - Themis on 8/16/20 8:46pm

Retired from healthcare administration right before the pandemic hit. Became a notary in Dec 2019 and NSA in July. Passed the exam without open book because I believe if I don't know it, I shouldn't do it. Yes, I'm new, but have over 35 years of professional experience, am a solid, dependable worker and get the job done. Yet, all I'm getting are offers from C2C for partial claims/loan mods. Will some of you look at my profile and tell me what you think I can do to have companies contact me for full signings? I would appreciate your help so I can get experience and improve. Thanks.

Msg #623145

8 replies
Anyone else hearing this?
By kcg on 8/16/20 3:48pm

2nd time in one week a borrower told me when I called to confirm that they were told all the docs were signed online and there were only a couple documents that had to be signed.
First one, I called title right away...she said not so. It's a full package so not sure why LO told the borrower this.

Reached my borrower for tomorrow. She said the LO set up our signing at a UPS store because IN now requires a witness and an employee can sign that. Really? Seriously? Somehow I doubt that UPS is allowing their employees to sign as witnesses. Also, this is a very small store with no areas to spread out to sign. Borrower was told she signed everything online and would only have 2 documents to sign.

Is anyone else hearing that all docs signed online so only a couple need to be signed? I thought it strange that this happened twice in one week, different lenders.

Msg #623099

26 replies
Legal paper issue revisited
By JustANotary on 8/15/20 2:48pm

A long time ago I posted that I had quit using legal paper, and that I was getting away with it. But, at the time I was doing 90% reverse mortgage signings. Now I am doing tons of forward loans, and I am still printing on letter paper! I had one SS company (BBS) not pay me because they said I "broke the rules" but they would never answer emails or phone messages saying what rule I broke. It was probably about the paper size. I now occasionally print on both letter & legal, but only if the lender is really emphasizing the point, or if I start printing & the page is being shrunk to a great extent. So, after about a year of printing on letter size, I would say that you will get away with it about 99% of the time.

Msg #623084

18 replies
I had an interesting experience yesterday. I had been asked
By  MW/VA on 8/15/20 10:40am

to help out at a real estate attorney's office yesterday afternoon.
It was a good gig. I met with clients in their conference room.
They are, however, doing car signings. With Covid, they are having clients come to their office, give them tabbed docs to sign in their car, and then retrieve those. I found that shocking.
I know this kind of thing has been discussed here.
Hey, they're attorney's--I'm not going to begin to tell then I wouldn't think that was legal! LOL

Msg #623076

7 replies
Launch of the Notary News Channel
By droman_IL on 8/15/20 2:50am

The Notary News Channel has officially launched! After trying to find the right social media platform for my company, Roman Endeavors Inc, I am ecstatic to announce the launch of the Notary News Channel! The Channel is a forum for all things Notary, and some things not! It’s a platform for educating, communicating, and disseminating information for entrepreneurs who aspire to higher levels of professionalism and a better quality of life. We invite Notaries and other entrepreneurs to tune in and find out how you can be featured on our Channel and promote your business for FREE! Please watch and share!!

https://youtu.be/6S-MjD0d8Hg

Msg #623070

15 replies
anyone out there?
By aanotary on 8/14/20 10:19pm

got a late wells fargo refi appt- property is in a trust- I emailed title but of course it's late& no one is available. Not sure if I should have her sign with " trustee" where printed after her name- if anyone knows what well fargo is looking for? thanks in advance

Msg #623069

12 replies
signing/title company doesn't call after docs are filed.
By Ink_Hoarder1 on 8/14/20 9:45pm

Hi everyone! I'm new to the signing industry and have done 6 signings (2 refinance, 1 VA loan, 1 purchase, and 1 quitclaim deed) and i was curious, is it normal to not be called when the documents are filed successfully? I understand they don't concern me, i just wanted to ask since it is nerve racking not knowing if they were filed correctly ( even though i have read through the documents multiple times and asked all questions before the signing) and if something is wrong, how long is an expected wait time before i receive notification that I made a mistake on the documents. Thanks again everyone, and i also want to thank you, all the information on this forum has helped me tremendously!

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.