Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #648641

0 replies
Any updates on numbers Jeremy? The last messages were over
By Colonel/IA on 6/12/24 11:15am

a year ago. I tried the phone numbers and they were not working. The website is not secure so risky to send money.

Msg #648635

3 replies
virginia loan closing
By Lynwood Cribb on 6/11/24 12:34pm

My uncle is a notary and signing agent he helped me get all credentials to be a notary as well he is 24hr mobile i i am as well and taking over his business but he hasn't done a closing in 5 years . im trying to get a accurate price in Virginia for
closings that way i can be competitive and not be over charging . any feedback would greatly appreciated . I'm in Virginia beach Virginia area

Msg #648629

9 replies
Non-Payment - X Marks the Spot
By Kristie Duncan on 6/11/24 9:05am

I just wanted to put it out there that a signing service called X Marks the Spot has yet to pay me for my services on April 23. I will no longer accept any assignments from them. We should never work for free or continue to administer signings for a service that will not pay us. They said their lender is behind on paying them, which means they have most likely not paid several of their loan signing agents they have contracted with. Have a great day everyone and for the Loan signers out there - work to get direct business rather than using signing services! We put too much time into these signings to work for free.

Msg #648619

6 replies
Anyone know what a 'Taxotere PFS core Document' signing is?
By Lee/AR on 6/10/24 3:30pm

Have gotten a bunch of these requests in the past week for way too distant location. Most recent thru SD from
QuickTime Notary (know nothing about them either). Offer a too low $25 for 16 pgs w/Scan. As I've gotten so many for way too far, I figure I should find out what it is in the event one should come thru that's actually in my service area so I know what to COUNTER at.

Msg #648614

0 replies
Follow up with your contacts
By  Yoli/CA on 6/10/24 9:29am

Last Friday, I had a call from a new-to-me TC for a signing this week. After a lengthy conversation, with all pertinent questions answered, EO said he'd be emailing me my confirmation. Nothing on Friday. Nothing over the weekend. I called him this morning. He recalled our conversation and said he'd sent me the information. Oops! He never hit the "Send" tab. Confirmation received immediately.

Initially, I thought oh well ... he shopped around and found someone else. Then, I thought just call and find out for sure. Bingo! Smile

By the way, he found me here on Notary Rotary. Smile

Msg #648599

12 replies
Process Serving?
By Mills Mobile Notary Service on 6/8/24 11:15am

I completed my first process serving assignment and it seems like a simple addition to my business, like site inspections.

This assignment was easy, the home was close by (5 miles away) and just had to print 10 pages and deliver them to a person at the address assigned. My instructions were to make 3 attempts at different times of the day and knock on door. If they answer the door, ask if they the subject you are looking for, and if they are hand them the documents. Get a brief description of them - approx. age, height, weight, hair color, etc. . If no one is home, take a date/time stamped picture to document the attempt

My subject was home on my 2nd attempt and very cordial. When I returned home, I sent an email with the photo of residence and the subject description. I also emailed a Notarized Completion form that I served the legal papers.

I was paid $75 quickly by process serving company in Portland, which had the assignment but were too distant to perform themselves. They hired me to their out-of-town job because they found Notaries dependable and we all have printers and my Google listing popped up for this small town in Central Oregon.

After doing some research, I have found process serving is highly unregulated and not well paid, but it pays more than site inspections and collateral searched that pay $25 - $50. Every state has different rules too, like Notary work. In Oregon all you need is a pulse and be 18 to be a process server.

The biggest issue is that there really is no national equivalent of notary signing services for process servers. So I'm not sure how to market myself for local process server jobs.

The closest process server company to me is 50 miles one way, so there is vacant niche here, but I'm not sure if the volume of work will be worth the effort to market myself.

I welcome your feed back if this a worthwhile side business and your experience in this field.

Msg #648594

12 replies
Non payment?
By Jose Manuel Lugo on 6/7/24 9:44am

Zig Sig always paid me on time, just because someone has not received a payment from them that does not mean theyare deadbeats, some times they do not get the Notaries information correct.

Msg #648590

7 replies
ZigSig - Beware, name change & no pay, Independence Title
By TxFox on 6/6/24 6:42pm

So I was waiting to post here on this after giving another round of tries this week to get paid, but I am just fed up trying to chase "legit" signing services and title companies for payments.

The non responsiveness, moving emails, rejected emails, website parking/moving domains and oh we were "hacked" when mass email goes out from another notary seeking payment, it's just time to share one more signing service is not paying.

ZigSig, now going by MyZigSig is not paying. I have been seeking payment over a month, for a "we pay in 1 day" job, Emails to title and the signing service are not being responded to. Some at the original domain have been rejected, that site is unpaid and parked by GoDaddy. They are now working on portal domain MyZigSig. I did get a reply to an email at this domain from the "owner" Adam, but still no payment.

Independence Title has not responded either. I have emailed thru the portal and separately from my email to all on initial contacts. Still silence.

I know its another SS that popped up, and at the time I didn't see anything other than some slow pay comments when I looked. Now Im going to add them to Signing Central.

If they make it right in the next 15 days, I will even change my rating from a 1 to a 2. None of us are here to work for free or waste days chasing tiny money. I know the agencies involved got theirs on this deal so my tiny fee is scraps and they can pay me.

Msg #648575

10 replies
Renewing Coffee Site
By kcg on 6/6/24 6:08am

Is everyone (anyone) renewing Coffee Site Membership? I cannot recall the last time this site was referred by someone searching for a notary.

Msg #648573

4 replies
Signing Service Scammers - How do you make sure you get paid
By TxFox on 6/5/24 8:05pm

Is it me, or is this on the rise? The businesses we regularly work with don't have the glowing accolades some of these scammers get.

I love notary work. I do the job well, as needed and I get paid. Great. Thank you. But having to be a collections person is not my desired profession.

I have had more encounters with scammers and it is frustrating. On the coffee site I have seen that there are am odd number of "defenders" of the scammers coming on that "help" you get paid if you complain loudly and clearly but even then its still very scammy. I should not have to send repeated emails to several changing emails reminding you every couple days you didn't pay me like you said you would yesterday, day before, and last week. And I shouldn't need new forum members with secret payment email addresses to get paid. It is very weird. And there are other hidden, hard to find forum messages saying that messages get deleted on behalf of some of the scammers under threat of suit.

I encouraged my daughter to become a notary and she has had to deal with some really shady people that make me regret my suggestion. Fake Attorney offices that stop answering the moment a signing is scanned back. Now a signing service website is down and emails are being rejected. Odd messages on coffee site say they were hacked but that's not aligning with info on my side. We have been seeking payment for weeks, and began receiving emails from others seeking their payment. No one is replying at any email.

I have begun to feel like I will not send scans back to new vendors before payment. How do you prevent new clients from scamming you?

Msg #648562

12 replies
Going rate for witness fee...
By FeliseSoCal on 6/5/24 12:43pm

I've got an attorney from a southern state wanting me to provide a witness. Anyone know the going rate for a witness fee?

Msg #648559

3 replies
Back to signing work
By doglover/CA on 6/4/24 9:46pm

For the past 8 years, I have scaled my notary work way down in order to care for my mother after she was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. She passed away over the weekend and now I am ready to fully resume my notary signing business. Been keeping up with the forum and I am hesitant to sign up for Snapdocs based on what I have read. But I have made several connections on Linkedin with fellow notaries and escrow officers, so I should be good. Got to also brush up on finding out who the bad actors in the signing industry are currently so I won't do any work for them.

Msg #648552

2 replies
AT&T no longer ger supporting Yahoo Mail
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/3/24 5:39pm

Memorial weekend, my phone shut down on its own. I can no longer access Yahoo on my Samsung android S23 note phone, only Gmail.

Any one else had this experience?

Msg #648545

2 replies
Guilty of all counts n/m
By Clem/CA on 5/30/24 4:11pm

Msg #648541

1 replies
Issues accessing #s 'site - anyone else?
By  Yoli/CA on 5/30/24 11:59am

Trying to update my profile on the various 'sites and can't even access the #s 'site this morning.

Many swear by their listing on that 'site; they say they get a lot of business from that 'site. Because of that, many NSAs pay big bucks for their listing there. How do you get business from a website that isn't accessible?

Msg #648534

6 replies
The Best Notary (dot) net 650-420-2080
By  Teresa/FL on 5/29/24 8:36pm

Received a text at 6:18 EDT from Signing Order for an I-9 verification in my actual neighborhood tomorrow afternoon between 3-5 PM. Offer was $50, the absolute minimum I would accept and only because the signing location is in my neighborhood.

i indicated I was available and did not receive a call until 9:04 PM EDT. They require the notary to download and install a tracking app so they and the signer can see when you are enroute to the signing location. I declined to install this app and they moved on to the next notary.

In the meantime, I looked up this company in SC and see that it is a slow/no pay company. Dodged a bullet.

Msg #648530

3 replies
Successful Signings
By Bravo on 5/29/24 5:15pm

Has anyone heard of this company? Name on request sent to me was Chenelle Hernandez phone #610-417-3633.

Msg #648514

12 replies
Incredulous that there can be over 425 SSs
By  Cheryl Elliott on 5/28/24 9:28am

On their list of signing services! Yet one company wants you to believe that their list of companies to sign up for is worth $27! Unbelievable to me, but I am sure they are raking in the orders for those out there who haven't had one signing since they received their commission and truly hope this list will bring them an avalanche of signing opportunoties.

Msg #648487

4 replies
Warning!! Daddle Signing Services
By BCLGroup on 5/23/24 9:24am

Good morning all! I wanted to give a heads up about a signing service through Snapdocs called Daddle Signing Services.

This company is not one that you may want to work with. I am now waiting for payment at 56 days past due! I really hate doing this but don’t want others to get caught up in something like this. The interesting part is the signing was through Snapdocs who I have reached out to now “3” times regarding payment because it was set up through vendor pay (direct deposit). I am reaching out to the title company next. I am sending everyone past due notices. Then I am filing theft of services.

I have to say that Snapdocs is now too beginning to let things slip. They are slacking on follow up, you (as a notary) don’t have anyone to speak to directly because they hold that benefit for title companies, lenders etc. Notaries just have to email them. Do they realize that notaries are the backbone of their services? I am noticing more of these small signing services popping up and they don’t seem to know or understand how to run a business. I had this issue with another company that I finally got payment on, after they sent payment late and then lied about how the payment was sent (they used bill pay and gave me an excuse about their accounting department).

Thank God I have work with some title companies, builders and other signing services that pay timely and know my work.

At any rate do not take signings from Daddle closing services as they do not pay at all or on time.

Msg #648484

19 replies
merrittsbcinc.com
By Rebecca Morse on 5/22/24 8:09pm

Has anybody worked for this company Marrittservices Inc.?
I did a signing for them on February 21. I received a paycheck for the services on May 12 deposited it on May 20 and it bounced on May 22 and now I’ve been unable to get a hold of them and I’m trying to find out what My next course of action is what I can legally do. Does anybody know?

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.