Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Notary Wanna Be
Posted by goldhcs/co of ? on 5/13/04 4:07pm Msg #2010
I actually did go through the NNA to get certified so my cost for memembership and book and test was about $228. My e & o insurance was $19 for $35,000. Colorado doesn't require notaires to be bonded so no cost there. And I was already a notary and had my stamp. But stamps run about $20-$30. If your state doesn't require a journal you should get one anyway and I think those run about $20

I would say yes you can get business directly from title/closing companies after you have some experience. You can sign up with lots of different signing services to gain this experience. I have not come across any that requires a fee to list with them. Just do lots of marketing to all of the companies out there.

gomobilenotary.com is also a good discussion forum to read along with this one. I have picked up lots of good ideas and learned alot from both of these sites. You can also get a feel of what companies to stay away from and some good ones to work with.

E-docs can vary with each lender, you will need to have at least a 10mb of email box.

Good Luck.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notary Wanna Be - Anonymous on 5/13/04 6:08am
 Re: Notary Wanna Be - Lawrence Goodwin on 5/13/04 10:28am
 Re: Notary Wanna Be - goldhcs/co on 5/13/04 4:07pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.