Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

What I do.
Posted by CJ of CA on 6/2/12 11:30pm Msg #422498
My kids are grown and gone, so that helps. But when they were here, I spent all my non-signing time stocking the fridge.

Basically, I let the housework go until the EOM is over. Then I vacuum, clean bathrooms or whatever. I also do my filing at that time. I do a load of laundry in the morning when we run out of clothes. I wash a load of jeans, and then drape them on the porch to dry in the sun. (It's less work: no need to keep checking the dryer). I wash the t-shirts the next day and hang them on the shower rack. No need to babysit them in the dryer either. I dry socks and underwear in the dryer, but it's okay if they wait and get wrinked. I spend about 1 day entering all my work orders into quicken, then next day matching up the check stubst that came in, and the third day calling everyone who forgot to pay me.

I am lucky that my husband is a foodie. He does a lot of shopping and cooking. I shop at smart & final and buy in bulk. We don't have creative meals. I buy a huge hunk of meat on sale, someone cooks it, and then we snack on it for lunch and dinner until it's gone. If we have to eat a roast 4 days in a row - oh well.

We don't have a dishwasher, so I tell everyone to rinse their dish and set it in the other side of the sink. I wash them in the morning. They are rinsed, so it goes quickly. If I have a swamped morning, oh well.

I do crock pot meat a lot too: throw the meat in with some kind of liquid and my husband can figure out if he wants to fancy it up (burritos or whatever) when he gets home. I always make sure we have tortillas, cheese and salsa in the fridge: they can turn any leftovers into a burrito while I am out signing. Everyone likes burritos. I always have fruit on hand too.

We don't have any animals or houseplants: they are just more chores.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 The Balance - chucke/fl on 6/2/12 6:42pm
 Um, only ladies can do housework and plants?.... n/m -  Roger_OH on 6/2/12 6:45pm
 Re: Um, only ladies can do housework and plants?.... - chucke/fl on 6/2/12 7:22pm
 None taken. Ask a busy person - they know management skills n/m - jba/fl on 6/2/12 7:44pm
 Re: None taken. Ask a busy person - they know management skills - chucke/fl on 6/2/12 8:38pm
 Ha ha! Roger. - jba/fl on 6/2/12 7:38pm
 Re: The Balance -  Yoli/CA on 6/2/12 7:33pm
 Re: The Balance -  Shoshana/AZ on 6/2/12 7:48pm
 Congrats and Happy Anniversary! n/m - RickG/CA on 6/3/12 8:30am
 Retired signing agent daily schedule -  HisHughness on 6/2/12 9:20pm
 Re: Retired signing agent daily schedule - CJ on 6/2/12 11:17pm
 Re: Am I supposed to do housework???? n/m - Buddy Young on 6/2/12 10:23pm
 What I do. - CJ on 6/2/12 11:30pm
 Well for me.... -  ToniK on 6/3/12 8:56am
 I know what you mean ToniK - I miss my kid power! n/m - jba/fl on 6/3/12 9:05am
 Back when we were really busy every day, the phone started - kathy/ca on 6/3/12 10:22am
 Kids some in two speeds - -  BrendaTx on 6/3/12 12:34pm
 Love that! :) So true!! n/m - Jessica Ward on 6/3/12 12:34pm
 Re: The Balance - Jessica Ward on 6/3/12 12:28pm
 Get up early - Yowheelz on 6/3/12 12:36pm
 Re: Get up early - chucke/fl on 6/3/12 4:19pm
 ROFL Chucke...good one!! n/m -  Linda_H/FL on 6/3/12 4:23pm
 This is a good topic, and timely for me. I saw a quote the -  MW/VA on 6/4/12 2:06pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.