Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

sometimes the conf means nothing...
Posted by Nicole_NCali of CA on 7/9/05 11:49am Msg #50757
I recently had a loan app signing scheduled by the LO, the confirmation stated, I would be paid when the loan goes in escrow. I called back and stated very clearly, that was not sufficient, this load (LO) promised that I would be paid. I did the applicaton on 4/1, when I called for payment on 5/1, this bozo acted as if I was speaking martian.

Upon, faxing his confirmation, he and I went back and forth on the semantics of the letter and not the verbal that he had given me. Since I am no one's fool, I then started emailing his branch and put in a nice cc letter to the state AG about this deceptive practice. I also threatened the company's Dunns and Bradstreet rating with a nice collection letter about an unpaid vendor. Most companies are very leary when you start "real collection activity" Since, I collect as a profession, I am going to furnish this information and in the long run, this will costs them in interest rates way more than my piddly $125.

Sometimes it pays to just pay..

The point of this post is that more than likely you will get paid, even with a confirmation, some of the other posters will confirm, you can get stiffed also.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I was hired by LO but I insisted on the Con. Letter, - Calnotary on 7/9/05 12:03am
 Re: I was hired by LO but I insisted on the Con. Letter, - BP_WV on 7/9/05 12:08am
 Re: I was hired by LO but I insisted on the Con. Letter, -  BarbaraL_CA on 7/9/05 12:11am
 Re: I was hired by LO but I insisted on the Con. Letter, -  DellaCA on 7/9/05 12:58am
 I Agree with Barbara and Della, my exp. too N/M - MistarellaFL on 7/9/05 5:17pm
 Re: I was hired by LO but I insisted on the Con. Letter, - CaliNotary on 7/9/05 1:02am
 Re: I was hired by LO but I insisted on the Con. Letter, - Markita-MI on 7/9/05 2:39am
 Re: I was hired by LO but I insisted on the Con. Letter, - Notary4U on 7/9/05 6:56am
 EZ: No CO/NO Go! (nm) - Lee/AR on 7/9/05 8:22am
 Re: EZ: No CO/NO Go! (nm) - LawrenceOK on 7/9/05 9:03am
 Re: I was hired by LO but I insisted on the Con. Letter, - AnneSoCa on 7/9/05 11:08am
 sometimes the conf means nothing... - Nicole_NCali on 7/9/05 11:49am
 Send him an email outlining... - FL Notary on 7/9/05 2:20pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.