Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Interesting correlation of beliefs, Janet.
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 9/4/17 5:21pm Msg #582383
This weekend, another notary here on NotRot emailed me regarding SC. Due to privacy concerns, I won't post the entire conversation. However, here's an excerpt from one of my responses this past Saturday:

"Insofar as "It can cost us business owners DEARLY if the data is not present .... ", we are independent business owners. It is up to each one of us to determine whom we issue credit to and for what amount. The due diligence procedure for that decision is up to each of us. Personally, I research in SC, do an orange-button search, use Google for reviews and possible references, maybe ask some of my fellow notaries if they have any experience with that company and ask the subject company certain questions to determine if their credit worthiness fits my business plan. I also make sure our agreed-to payment schedule is in writing.

XXX, don't get me wrong. I agree with you to a great degree. However, I also believe SC is not the be-all and end-all of our due diligence procedure. We have to take responsibility for our own decisions."

And, I can't even blame it on read Covey's 7 Habits! Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 While conducting a google search for a company, I clicked -  Cari on 9/3/17 9:59am
 "happened to anyone else before" => Unfortunately, yes. :( n/m -  Christine/OK on 9/3/17 10:04am
 While conducting/Am Prem. Member and happens very frequently n/m - HeatherR/CA on 9/3/17 10:48am
 Re: While conducting a google search for a company, I clicked -  Yoli/CA on 9/3/17 11:31am
 Yoli, if you could link OP that would be awesome :) n/m -  Cari on 9/4/17 8:41am
 Cari, see 2 threads above for link n/m -  Yoli/CA on 9/4/17 11:08am
 Re: While conducting a google search for a company, I clicked - Luckydog on 9/3/17 12:24pm
 Re: While conducting a google search for a company, I clicked -  Yoli/CA on 9/3/17 12:30pm
 Yep, several times. I don't get it. n/m - grapebed on 9/3/17 1:01pm
 Re: Yep, several times. I don - pdl/cali on 9/3/17 2:42pm
 Great idea to add Google to SOP for vetting companies. -  JanetK_CA on 9/3/17 5:12pm
 Well said, Janet! n/m -  Yoli/CA on 9/3/17 6:03pm
 Re: Well said, Janet! -  Claudine Osborne on 9/3/17 9:46pm
 Re: Great idea to add Google to SOP for vetting companies. -  Cari on 9/4/17 8:38am
 Re: Great idea to add Google to SOP for vetting companies. -  JanetK_CA on 9/4/17 3:41pm
 Interesting correlation of beliefs, Janet. -  Yoli/CA on 9/4/17 5:21pm
 Excellent overview of good vetting practices, Yoli! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 9/4/17 6:09pm
 Re: Great idea to add Google to SOP for vetting companies. -  Cari on 9/6/17 9:16am
 Touche Janet! - Linda_H/FL on 9/4/17 8:51am
 Great post, Janet. Some are grateful for this forum & there -  MW/VA on 9/4/17 10:47am
 For those who are disgruntled about this site & the forum, -  MW/VA on 9/4/17 11:35am
 Re: For those who are disgruntled about this site & the forum, -  janCA on 9/4/17 12:04pm
 Re: For those who are disgruntled about this site & the forum, -  BrendaTx on 9/5/17 1:25am
 Re: For those who are disgruntled about this site & the forum, -  Claudine Osborne on 9/5/17 11:24am
 A reminder that we need to be using the "Report" button a -  MW/VA on 9/5/17 2:07pm
 Re: For those who are disgruntled about this site & the forum, - dww on 9/8/17 8:17pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.