Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

While we're on the topic ....
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 12/28/17 1:46pm Msg #588037
I was recently told to provide my photo so the SS could send it on to the borrower before I showed up. Gimmee a break. I think all this is nonsense. Who asks for a photograph etc before the cable guy shows up or the carpet cleaner or the electrician or the LO or the Realtor or whoever? Geez, this "we gotta let our clients know what you look like before they'll let you inside" is obnoxious. If they're so scaredy cat about our violating their precious home, then meet me in a public place. It wasn't my idea to meet at their house. And if you ask me, we NSAs are the ones who should be afraid. Super afraid. I want a background check and criminal history of the people whose houses I go into. They probably want you to come to their house cos they'd be recognized by law enforcement if we met at McDonald's. But now somehow we're the bad guys. If your house is so sacrosanct that you can't open the door for someone carrying a boatload of docs and who has confirmed the signing time already, then get a life. This is all a stupid idea dreamed up by SSs that thought they'd get more business if they could come up with one more hoop for us to jump through.

And as far as people asking for my ID, I tell them that's what I'm there for ... to ID them, not the other way around. NOBODY sees my ID 'cept a notary and (gulp) a police officer. (A police officer told me that once). They get my business card.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 got an email asking for a current headshot/auto description -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/28/17 11:31am
 Re: got an email asking for a current headshot/auto description - pdl/cali on 12/28/17 11:41am
 Re: got an email asking for a current headshot/auto description - SteveS/CA on 12/28/17 12:32pm
 Re: headshot..... None required... -  Pamela/CA on 12/28/17 3:08pm
 Re: headshot..... None required... -  Amigoaz on 12/28/17 4:22pm
 Re: got an email asking for a current headshot/auto description - Lee/AR on 12/28/17 11:45am
 Re: got an email asking for a current headshot/auto description -  Yoli/CA on 12/28/17 12:34pm
 Re: got an email asking for a current headshot/auto description -  canotaryhere on 12/28/17 11:46am
 Re: got an email asking for a current headshot/auto description - SteveS/CA on 12/28/17 12:36pm
 While we're on the topic .... - BearPaw/CO on 12/28/17 1:46pm
 I really agree with you and question the logic of this - Lee/AR on 12/28/17 1:58pm
 Re: While we -  JanetK_CA on 12/28/17 2:41pm
 Rarely do I find myself in a compromising situation -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/28/17 3:17pm
 Re: Rarely do I find myself in a compromising situation - Expeditor on 12/28/17 4:12pm
 Re: got an email asking for a current headshot/auto description - Linda_H/FL on 12/28/17 2:22pm
 this landed in the wrong spot..was addressing - Linda_H/FL on 12/28/17 2:26pm
 Hopefully rare situation is what prompted that photo request -  Yoli/CA on 12/28/17 4:49pm
 Encourage lenders & title companies to practice discrimation - BobbiCT on 12/29/17 7:12am
 You nailed it all, Bobbie. - BearPaw/CO on 12/29/17 12:42pm
 Well said, ladies! -  JanetK_CA on 12/30/17 2:11am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.