Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

You Are Incorrect Luckydog
Posted by  PegiT_MN of MN on 5/18/18 8:09pm Msg #593460
You will find that this has been discussed numerous times on this forum during the second half of 2016. You can read messages 560987 and 560549. Several notaries stated that they did not sign up with Snapdocs, yet there was a profile on the platform with their information. Carmen from 123 reported that several notaries told her that they did not sign up with Snapdocs, yet their names were listed. Cari also talked about notaries who never signed up were showing up with profiles on the platform. You were even a part of one of those conversations Luckydog. It was also explained at one time that this process is called data mining. Snapdocs used several other websites to gather the names of notaries who once advertised on other sites to build their site.

I had no idea what Snapdocs even was until one of my biggest signing companies contacted me and said that they had moved to Snapdocs and I needed to set up a profile on that platform in order to continue getting their business. Imagine my surprise when I saw that my name was already listed on the Snapdocs platform. I updated my profile and I added a picture. I did not add any credentials right away as I was new to the platform and my only intention at that time was to continue working for my signing company. I was already approved with them and they were going to continue to contact me regardless of whether or not I added my credentials. I added my credentials at a later date after I had already done several closings with some of my regular clients that were moving toward Snapdocs and wanted to start doing closings for other companies that were using the platform.

So for someone to say that "you really have to sign up and upload all your credentials and they have to be approved" is incorrect. I know from my own personal experience that this is not true. I also know that a notary in my local networking group has two profiles that show up on Snapdocs. She has the one that she started and has uploaded a photo, created a profile, and uploaded her credentials. She also has a listing that has her name misspelled with no picture, no profile, no credentials. This is a perfect example of data mining. Snapdocs obviously got the information from somewhere as she didn't create a profile with her name spelled incorrectly.

Also, if you take the time to search through the Snapdocs platform you will find that the first few pages are of notaries that have added their pictures, updated their profiles, and uploaded their credentials in order to have a better chance of being hired by companies. You will also notice that there are several pages of notaries listed that have no photo, no profile, no credentials listed, and no signings completed. These are the profiles that Lee is speaking about. These are the profiles that people are saying have been data mined.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Interesting...some notaries on SnapDocs aren't notaries - Lee/AR on 5/18/18 6:48am
 Re: Interesting...some notaries on SnapDocs aren - Luckydog on 5/18/18 11:34am
 Wow. I thought you had to provide all those -  MW/VA on 5/18/18 11:54am
 Re: Wow. I thought you had to provide all those - Luckydog on 5/18/18 12:09pm
 Re: Wow. I thought you had to provide all those -  JanetK_CA on 5/18/18 7:22pm
 It's Called Data Mining - PegiT_MN on 5/18/18 3:53pm
 Re: It - Luckydog on 5/18/18 5:04pm
 You Are Incorrect Luckydog -  PegiT_MN on 5/18/18 8:09pm
 Re: You Are Incorrect Luckydog - Luckydog on 5/19/18 5:57pm
 Re: Interesting...some notaries on SnapDocs aren - Lee/AR on 5/18/18 5:28pm
 Re: Interesting...some notaries on SnapDocs aren - Luckydog on 5/18/18 5:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.