Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

OH MY GOSH-Iowa 9B.14.B update
Posted by LJCA of AK on 5/2/19 5:59pm Msg #606082
The conversion about Iowa RON in heading down to the bottom of the page so wanted to bring it back up to the top cause I have a major question that maybe answered by someone or a Iowa notary.

I wanted to thank Coloenel/IA for posting this information below (Post: #606014), which prompted by concern.

"Sec. 7. NEW SECTION. 9B.14B Remote facilitator.
To be eligible to directly facilitate a notarial act using
communication technology for a remotely located individual as
provided in section 9B.14A, a remote facilitator must designate
and continuously maintain in this state one of the following:
1. Its usual place of business in this state.
2. A registered office, which need not be a place of its
activity in this state, or a registered agent for service of
process, as required by the secretary of state. In addition ,
the remote facilitator shall file a foreign entity authority
statement with the secretary of state. The statement shall
describe the current street and mailing address of the
registered office or the name and current street and mailing
address of the remote facilitator's registered agent."

I noticed in the header is say "ONE of the following".

So here is my question??: If I give up my notary commission in California (because CA notaries cannot have dual State commissions). Then if I get a Iowa notary commission (I could fly or drive there). Then open up an LLC or Corp. and hire a "Registered Agent" in Iowa (registered agents cost about $50 per year in Iowa). I could fly back to California and facilitate (conduct) online notarization's or go to Paris in Europe if I fancied to facilitate (RON) online notarization's. As long as I have a Iowa notary commission and a Registered Agent in Iowa. I am "good to go".

Maybe I am only seeing a small part of the picture concerning Iowa notary code/laws but from what I read in Iowa code 9B.14B posted by Colenel it is very possible to do this legally.

Would love to get some feed back from people more familiar with Iowa laws and could this scenario legally be possible?

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 OH MY GOSH-Iowa 9B.14.B update - LJCA on 5/2/19 5:59pm
 Re: ops sp, "conversation" n/m - LJCA on 5/2/19 6:09pm
 Re: OH MY GOSH-Iowa 9B.14.B update - Matt Miller on 5/3/19 9:41am
 Iowa 9B.14.B update - Signerbill on 5/3/19 11:05am
 How to fight it. - Lee/AR on 5/3/19 11:56am
 Rats! Remove the 's' in https n/m - Lee/AR on 5/3/19 11:58am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.