Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: For newbies, those pesky CA FTB forms
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/14/19 2:34pm Msg #607422
Couldn't agree more. I love the (very rare) cases where someone has the foresight to send the sellers a copy of those documents in advance. There are so many variables that come into play that we have no way of knowing about, and as Cheryl indicated, it's way above our pay grade. Among the worst are beneficiaries selling a property (that was owned by a trust - or multiple trusts, as I've seen) that was not theirs until they inherited it. Great fun...

What sticks in my mind was one meeting with a guy who was a professional investor on behalf of a REIT or something like that. (I didn't ask.) He took one look at those pages and said that he wouldn't be signing it until he spoke to his CPA (which wouldn't happen until later) and that he would forward the completed forms to escrow once he had the needed info. Made my day!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 For newbies, those pesky CA FTB forms -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/14/19 11:44am
 Re: For newbies, those pesky CA FTB forms -  JanetK_CA on 6/14/19 2:34pm
 I'm just not that "smart", or credentialed to give opinions -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/14/19 3:06pm
 Re: I -  janCA on 6/14/19 3:43pm
 I too have a written contract with my CPA -  Cheryl Elliott on 6/14/19 3:59pm
 Re: I -  JanetK_CA on 6/15/19 1:31pm
 Re: For newbies, those pesky CA FTB forms - Luckydog on 6/15/19 11:00am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.