Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Casual marketing
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 1/5/20 8:56am Msg #614285
My brother and I were killing some time yesterday, on our way to a community BBQ and stopped into an antique store that looked like they were going out of business. Turned out that the owner sold her business to a mother and her son. I noticed a sign in the window "LEGAL DOCUMENT PREPARATION". Son is an entertainment lawyer from the big city, and together taking care of his 90 yo grandfather. He noticed my NOTARY ON BOARD letters on my car and took a picture of it when I drove up.

Once we began talking we decided we would refer business to each other since he doesn't really want to be a notary but instead will call me when he needs something notarized. GREAT MEET, and his mother is a wonderful lady. We've been invited on Sundays for music and wine/appetizers in the garden where they have about six tiny houses all housing antiques in different motifs. So much fun, we did not want to leave.

You never know when you're going to have the opportunity to network with others, and who doesn't need a notary at one time or another. I also picked up some work at the BBQ with about 40 neighboring ranchers.

What a bonus day!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Casual marketing -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/5/20 8:56am
 Way to go! -  Yoli/CA on 1/5/20 11:44am
 Re: Way to go! -  JanetK_CA on 1/5/20 3:03pm
 GNW is way more profitable -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/7/20 7:21am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.