Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

WE are Exempt from CA StayInPlace.....
Posted by Pamela/CA of CA on 3/20/20 5:48pm Msg #617397
two days ago sent letter to Sheriff Lake County, CA and asked for exemption from the soon to be 'Stay in Place' order. I was referred to Office of Emergency Services and sent them an email asking for Exemption.

Got a call from their office directing me to Section 9 of these health orders coming out of California. She said that absolutely Notary Signing Agents ARE exempt and may travel freely to complete loans, buy/sells, and any banking work which helps the public pursue and conclude their financial transactions to better their lives!

Signings are no problem..... got tons b/c other NSA's in the lower Counties of Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino are refusing - which is their right. However, I am not going to leave Lake County to do those signings - I believe than once NSA's there understand they are considered crucial to helping people maintain their income, they will reconsider and fulfill their responsibilities.

Meanwhile I have all these pesky Hybrid closings from Amrock, which I keep turning down.
BTW - Amrock was ultimately wonderful with my original letter that I posted here a few days ago. Management did send out instructions to complete signings using technology such as online live discussion and signing in the "driveways of Signers" and follow the guideline I suggested. Leaving docs on doorstep, retrieving ID's etc.)

Just now they also agreed to change a signing I rejected today (b/c it was a Hybrid telling them I cannot 'huddle' with signers and could they please send it as online docs).... that Signing is now a regular ReFi.
I encourage all other Preferred NSA's for Amrock to make the same requests - when the blast arrives as a hybrid ACCEPT it and go to the msg box area and request a change to online docs so that you will be in Compliance with local Health & Safety requirements - staying 6ft away.
and through multiple emails with partner mgt
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 WE are Exempt from CA StayInPlace..... - Pamela/CA on 3/20/20 5:48pm
 Re: WE are Exempt from CA StayInPlace..... - cagirl65 on 3/20/20 7:47pm
 It is not complaint in CA. - SC/CA on 3/20/20 8:38pm
 I agree. -  JanetK_CA on 3/20/20 10:28pm
 Re: I agree. - JustANotary on 3/21/20 1:03am
 Re: I agree. - Linda_H/FL on 3/21/20 7:44am
 Re: WE are Not Exempt - Jules on 3/20/20 8:06pm
 I can't believe that notaries would be exempt. n/m -  MW/VA on 3/21/20 9:30am
 Re: WE are Exempt from CA StayInPlace..... - Susan/CA on 3/21/20 8:32am
 "Traveling papers" - Luckydog on 3/21/20 10:27am
 Signing in New Reality... - Pamela/CA on 3/21/20 12:32pm
 Re: Signing in New Reality... -  Doris_CO on 3/21/20 1:32pm
 Re: Signing in New Reality... -  JanetK_CA on 3/21/20 1:58pm
 Re: It only took one skier from Australia to bring down - Carolyn Bodley on 3/21/20 5:09pm
 Re: correction “you’re” n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 3/21/20 5:16pm
 "You're not Superman and you're not Superwoman," - SC/CA on 3/22/20 12:47pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.