Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Humbling signing yesterday ...
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 4/24/21 12:36pm Msg #631631
Had a signing yesterday afternoon with a wonderfully positive couple.

He was born 1950. At the age of 2, he got polio -- 6 months before vaccine was available in his small southern town. He was in an iron lung for 6 months. He's been on crutches most of his life and now in a wheelchair. He has difficulty holding and gripping a pen. Even with all his limitations, he managed to become a drafter and support his family. Airplanes have always been his passion and along the line, he managed to fly a plane and get his pilot's license.

She was born 1944. When I arrived, she was blowing out their driveway so I could park there (large trees with a lot of dropping blooms). She was as a building engineer. She has arthritis so badly, she's had knuckles in both hands replaced. Replacements didn't turn out very well and she also has issues holding and gripping a pen (her hands look so very painful). She insists on doing her own gardening.

This was my last signing for the day. I told them to take their time, I was in no rush. It was a 156-page package. Only once did she make a mistake on a date that needed correction (she blamed it on our chit-chat LOL). We started at 4:00pm and I was back in my car at 5:54pm. Not once during all that time did they complain about ANYTHING. They were so grateful that I came to them and made things easy for them. They're refinancing so they can remodel their shower so he can wheel in rather than use his crutches to climb over a 4-inch threshold.

I walked away from that lovely home, in awe of that couple and thanking God for all my blessings. Love this work! Smile

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Humbling signing yesterday ... -  Yoli/CA on 4/24/21 12:36pm
 Re: Humbling signing yesterday ... - Calnotary on 4/24/21 12:56pm
 Thank you for sharing, Yoli....what a beautiful - Linda_H/FL on 4/24/21 1:19pm
 Re: Humbling signing yesterday ... - Luckydog on 4/24/21 2:21pm
 Different memory than LD -  Yoli/CA on 4/24/21 4:03pm
 Re: Different memory than LD -  JanetK_CA on 4/24/21 6:27pm
 Re: Different memory than LD -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/25/21 8:23am
 Re: Different memory than LD - Carolyn Bodley on 4/25/21 8:40am
 Re: Smallpox vaccine used bifurcated needle - Carolyn Bodley on 4/25/21 1:31pm
 Re: Different memory than LD - Luckydog on 4/25/21 11:36am
 Maybe it was Small Pox? - Luckydog on 4/25/21 11:40am
 Re: Humbling signing yesterday ... - MikeC/TX on 4/25/21 5:53pm
 Re: Humbling signing yesterday ... - Carolyn Bodley on 4/25/21 7:02pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.