Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Scam absoultley
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 8/28/22 2:37am Msg #642026
Making a duplicate stamp is pretty difficult in California. For what it's worth, notary stamps can only be made in this state by companies authorized by the SOS to do so. They're assigned a number which has to appear on every stamp they produce so the maker of the stamp is identified on every image produced. They're also not allowed to create a stamp without the requestor providing a Letter of Authorization issued by the SOS's office, so there's also a record of every legal request for creation of a notary stamp. (The penalties are pretty stiff for making illegal notary stamps.) It's been a couple of years since I've had to request a new stamp, but that Letter of Authorization used to come with a gold seal embossed by the SOS office, so all in all, pretty tough to duplicate.

Otherwise, I pretty much agree. I have, however, been told that someone else referred them to me, without knowing who. At least once, I think it was another notary who wasn't available. (They didn't say 'a friend', though... Wink)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 New scam? -  Yoli/CA on 8/25/22 11:24am
 Re: New scam? -  Cheryl Elliott on 8/25/22 11:38am
 Scam. Strange capitalizations and unusual grammar are signs. n/m - Colonel/IA on 8/25/22 12:05pm
 Re: New scam? -  JanetK_CA on 8/25/22 2:52pm
 Re: New scam? -  Yoli/CA on 8/26/22 10:20am
 Scam absoultley - PaigeTurner on 8/26/22 1:53pm
 Re: Scam absoultley -  Yoli/CA on 8/27/22 2:10pm
 Re: Scam absoultley - PaigeTurner on 8/27/22 6:02pm
 Re: Scam absoultley -  JanetK_CA on 8/28/22 2:37am
 I received it too! Pass. n/m - twostep/CA on 8/27/22 5:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.