Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Thanks. This is my concern with getting an XYZ background
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 1/15/23 6:19pm Msg #644017
Jerry referred to "low-traffic notary directory websites", which I think is a valid concern. If you've paid for a listing on any of these sites, at some point, they've presumably had credit card info for you, along with lots of other profile info.

As has been noted here often in the past, whenever we've experienced major slowdowns in this business, we've seen multiple attempts by various parties to get into the directory business. We've warned folks to not waste their money, but before now, I never considered the issue of data security. Sounds like a valid concern to me - beyond site like this one and the other very few that actually do business. I don't know about sites like SDs (and other similar ones), but I'd guess that data security isn't their highest priority... Hope I'm wrong!

BGC companies, on the other hand should make data security a top priority, just due to the nature of what they do. I'd like to think that they have to go through some type of screening and licensing process, but I have no idea.

Thanks for the heads up, Jerry!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Beware of Data Breaches on Notary Directory Websites - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 1/14/23 7:40pm
 Thanks. This is my concern with getting an XYZ background -  MW/VA on 1/15/23 11:03am
 Re: Thanks. This is my concern with getting an XYZ background - PaigeTurner on 1/15/23 2:18pm
 Re: Thanks. This is my concern with getting an XYZ background -  JanetK_CA on 1/15/23 6:19pm
 Re: Beware of Data Breaches on Notary Directory Websites - ABC Legal Docs, LLC - Jerry Lucas on 1/15/23 6:33pm
 Re: Beware of Data Breaches on Notary Directory Websites -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/16/23 12:04pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.