Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Extreme Geomagnetic Storm (G5)
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 5/11/24 4:10pm Msg #37064
It’s an all-weather event! :-) So true! They call it space weather – things like auroras, solar flares, prominences that arc off the sun’s surface – as they can affect navigation, communication. Pilots and astronomers keep track of that stuff. It’s pretty cool.

Packing-up the day packs right now, for a late afternoon/evening hike at the beach - and to stay late and see the colors after sunset. I got Mr. SC onboard, and we’re making a fun event out of it. Totally psyched. Saw it last night around 10pm, directly north, no city lights. It was faint (light pink), but cool to see it, and know what it was. Perfect weather.

I’m not a night owl, so I’m bring snacks (trying out some non-dairy cheese, Bear!) and some vino to coax me along.
My domestic projects will have to wait for another day! :-)

Happy Mother’s Day Weekend all ! My Mom’s spirit will be with me. Now she was a night owl, and loved new experiences. Last time I saw the northern nights was when I was a kid in NY.

“At least our toaster works so we can make coffee.” LOL !!!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Extreme Geomagnetic Storm (G5) -  Yoli/CA on 5/11/24 11:18am
 The world's gone nuts! - Bear900/CA on 5/11/24 12:44pm
 LOL!!! :>D -  JanetK_CA on 5/11/24 4:17pm
 Re: Extreme Geomagnetic Storm (G5) - SC/CA on 5/11/24 4:10pm
 Re: Extreme Geomagnetic Storm (G5) - Bear900/CA on 5/11/24 4:29pm
 Re: Extreme Geomagnetic Storm (G5) - SC/CA on 5/12/24 8:16pm
 Re: Extreme Geomagnetic Storm (G5) - Bear900/CA on 5/12/24 9:23pm
 Love the toast story! n/m - sigtogo/OR on 5/13/24 11:50am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.