Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

To SherryB and Liz- SS and SA relationship - Plugging
Posted by Anonymous of AZ on 7/21/05 2:34pm Msg #53658
To Sherry,

1) I should have addressed the $50 signing issue specifically to Liz. You have stated that you pay a standard $100 for Edoc and value your client relationships and I respect that.

2) Regarding plugging- the statement was this.

**I also think that if you are going to surf these boards and watch for posts that you can jump on for a 'plug', which although shrouded in concern or helpful comments, is still a plug, you should at least be honest and forthright in your answers to direct questions. Don't come on this board and then insult us by dancing around the questions. JMO**

Sherry B, I have not seen you do this. In fact, to give you a plug, I have seen you be very straightforward.

I have seen Liz skirt around issues MANY times. As I stated, I don't have a problem with a plug, I have a problem with a plug ONLY! I feel it is unprofessional and inappropriate on this board to jump on chances to bring attention to yourself (We pay within 30 days!! We are soooo busy right now! We treat our notaries with respect! If you have a question, call me, Liz at the Notary Biz!) but then dance around REAL questions??? There are probably many notaries that don't care, but FYI, it is disrespectful. This is not an SS board. Calinotary asked her several straighforward questions and she dances around them. Several people in the past have asked questions and it is the same thing.

I have a few more additional questions for Liz although I sincerely doubt that I will get an answer.

1) If you were only a mere employee of 24/7 (we all can estimate how much the SS employees make) how is it that you were able to open a signing service?

Maybe it was opened on the backs of all those unpaid notaries. Or, maybe it was opened by being a $50 SS and pocketing a majority of the profit. Either way, you are the middle man and should not be taking a majority of the profit. We have expenses too. The gross amount that we are paid is not what we profit.

I think that notaries are being extremely naive if they think that $50 SS's are not hurting our industry. We should take a poll on how many notaries are now being called by Title Companies directly but are only being offered the measely $75, maybe $100 for Edoc. There are vultures out there people. The Lenders and Title Companies are seeing what we will work for if we have to and they just might cut out the middle man themselves. It is happening in my area already! I mean let's be honest, if you have a question, can you really even get an answer from the SS or do you have to contact someone that at least sees the documents.

To the many notaries on this board that I respect, I apologize for posting anonymously. The first time I did it, it was by accident when I was changing the subject line. Now I'm thinking it was probably a good idea. I don't plan on making a habit out of it!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 SS and SA relationship - revisited from yesterday - SherryB on 7/21/05 8:21am
 Re: SS and SA relationship - revisited from yesterday -  hcampersFL on 7/21/05 8:33am
 Re: SS and SA relationship - revisited from yesterday - Not. in FL on 7/21/05 9:58am
 Re: SS and SA relationship - revisited from yesterday - SherryB on 7/21/05 10:05am
 Re: SS and SA relationship - revisited from yesterday - NY_Taxlady on 7/21/05 11:06am
 Re: SS and SA relationship - revisited from yesterday - SherryB on 7/21/05 11:09am
 Re: SS and SA relationship - plugging -  BrendaTX on 7/21/05 12:24pm
 SA have the power...to accept or decline low paying SS. -  Select Processing Servivces - Southeast Michigan on 7/21/05 10:18am
 Re: SS and SA relationship - revisited from yesterday - CaliNotary on 7/21/05 12:18pm
 Re: SS and SA relationship - revisited from yesterday - SherryB on 7/21/05 12:27pm
 To SherryB and Liz- SS and SA relationship - Plugging - Anonymous on 7/21/05 2:34pm
 Re: To SherryB and Liz- SS and SA relationship - Plugging - CaliNotary on 7/21/05 3:22pm
 Just as I suspected! - Anonymous on 7/22/05 2:44am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.