Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: A SMB is a real live signature ... forget the "mark" (IMO)
Posted by LKT/CA of CA on 10/23/14 9:11pm Msg #517875
<<< It soon occurred to me that SBM and the handbook references to it were completely antiquated, in that all signatures by mark were no different than the typical scrawly, scratchy or completely unreadable doodles made every day by perfectly capable signers.....So, I really don't see the need for SBM anymore and all the time-consuming cumbersome hoopla surrounding it with witnesses, etc ...>>>

My signature is illegible, but it is a consistent illegibility. There may be a slight variation from siggy to siggy but no major variation. For someone who has little to no motor function in their hands, there would be a problem with consistency from siggy to siggy. From my experience, those who make their mark are making the X with every bit of energy and "will" possible.

<<<Whatever is there after pen meets paper *is* the signature... just like anybody else's.>>>

The average person has control over their signature - and they sign in the same fashion each time. The signature by mark signer does not - usually because they don't have *control of hand* to be consistent in signing and I do believe that consistency makes for better determination of whether or not someone was the actual signer. I believe SBM are necessary. JMHO
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signature by mark questions - Jose Gutierrez on 10/22/14 7:45pm
 Re: Signature by mark questions -  Ilene C. Seidel on 10/22/14 7:49pm
 Re: Signature by mark questions - Jose Gutierrez on 10/22/14 9:31pm
 Everything you need to know - rengel/CA on 10/22/14 10:26pm
 Re: Signature by mark questions - LKT/CA on 10/22/14 11:54pm
 Agree. -  JanetK_CA on 10/23/14 12:29am
 Re: Signature by mark questions -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/23/14 7:05am
 A SMB is a real live signature ... forget the "mark" (IMO) - BearPaw/CO on 10/23/14 11:29am
 Re: A SMB is a real live signature ... forget the "mark" (IMO) - LKT/CA on 10/23/14 9:11pm
 Re: Signature by mark questions - Jose Gutierrez on 10/23/14 11:51am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.