Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW
Posted by  PAW of FL on 5/14/06 10:09pm Msg #119855
Other than what has already been provided, I really don't know the real story about the beginning of the "Notary Signing Agent" other than what I learned from the old NASA and Sue Pense.

But I can tell you this, I've never, in the 40+ years that I have owned property, completed or closed a loan at a bank. Most typically, before the NSA arrived on the scene, in the last half of the 20th century, it was done in an attorney's office, title/settlement office or most often with purchases, at the realty or mortgage company offices.

Actually, as far back as 1978, title closers would travel to client's homes in rare situations along with the loan officer and/or broker. So, I guess that would qualify as the first "NSA" that I know of (since the title closer is typically also a notary public). I know this because a friend of mine needed to close on his home and was incapable of making it to the RE office to close. (I was a witness to transaction.)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW -  lulu on 5/14/06 7:56pm
 Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW -  BrendaTx on 5/14/06 8:35pm
 Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW - Anonymous from 24.129.42.161 on 5/14/06 8:45pm
 Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW -  lulu on 5/14/06 9:03pm
 Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW -  BrendaTx on 5/14/06 10:26pm
 Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW -  Sylvia_FL on 5/14/06 10:10pm
 Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW -  lulu on 5/14/06 9:24pm
 Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW -  PAW on 5/14/06 10:09pm
 Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW -  Roger_OH on 5/15/06 12:48am
 Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW -  lulu on 5/15/06 11:02am
 Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW -  BrendaTx on 5/15/06 6:56am
 Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW - sue_pa on 5/15/06 7:02am
 Re: Origination/History of the Notary Signing Agent-PAW -  John_NorCal on 5/15/06 9:14am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.