Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Beware the 50 year mortgage!!!
Posted by Jahari Davis of MI on 5/15/06 1:48pm Msg #119938
They read the Balloon note and the TIL and saw what their final payment would be on a $28000 line of credit and that they would suffer harsh prepayment penalties if they paid it off sooner. Their total sum of payments...nearly $70,000. That alone killed the deal and they took it into recission. I hear what Al is saying and it makes a lot of sense. My comments arent specific to mortgages alone. I just hate loan sharking and that seems to be the norm with lenders lately.

My experience with predatory lending came when I received for a loan for Microsoft training courses. I had to take out two loans, one of which had a rate of 15% with an 8.9% origination fee and a 25 year term. My payment was between $65-70 with only $4-5 of it going to principle. Back then I didnt know any better and thought it was the only way I could get the money needed for my technical education. Now, I wish I'd gone through Sallie Mae. To this day I still have that debt and I've refinanced it with a consolidation loan at a lower rate. My girlfriend had run-ins with Discover and Chase and her sister...I just cant comment on because I dont remember all the details.

As to the laws...here in Michigan we are not allowed to give advice or consent on anything we are witnessing. By law I cannot say "Good lord I wouldnt sign this. You're getting ripped off." I can only point and say sign here and maybe explain what a particular form is or what something means. Beyond that, I'm Vanna White with the forms.

In reference to Julie's question about credit unions...yes!!! I looooooove my credit union!! Credit Union...GOOOOOD!!!
Banks....BADDDDD!!!!

As to Darth Nader...please dont ever liken me to him in any way shape or form. Thats just wrong.

Thanks!!!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Beware the 50 year mortgage!!! - Jahari Davis on 5/14/06 1:37am
 Re: Beware the 50 year mortgage!!! -  Kelly M Robertson on 5/14/06 8:46am
 Re: Beware the 50 year mortgage!!! -  Sher_AZ on 5/14/06 9:00am
 Re: Beware the 50 year mortgage!!! -  John_NorCal on 5/14/06 9:52am
 Re: Beware the 50 year mortgage!!! -  LkArrowhd/CA on 5/14/06 10:28am
 Re: Beware the 50 year mortgage!!! -  BrendaTx on 5/14/06 4:03pm
 Re: Beware the 50 year mortgage!!! - Jahari Davis on 5/14/06 12:46pm
 Jahari, I think you're missing the point. -  MichiganAl on 5/14/06 8:25pm
 Re: Beware the 50 year mortgage!!! - sue_pa on 5/15/06 7:09am
 Re: Beware the 50 year mortgage!!! sue - I totally agree -  BrendaTx on 5/15/06 8:02am
 Re: Beware the 50 year mortgage!!! - Julie/MI on 5/15/06 8:26am
 Re: Beware the 50 year mortgage!!! - Jahari Davis on 5/15/06 1:48pm
 Answerr to the Fed - Anonymous from 69.81.164.12 on 5/28/06 5:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.