Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

"Please add knowledge" Not here, Newbies please "Don't" read
Posted by  TitleGalCA of CA on 7/19/06 11:18pm Msg #134193
This one takes the cake.

***The spousal states (if you are not familiar with this) are states which follow some sort of community property law***

Your job, as notary is to first identify your signers, then to play the role as SA, without making assumptions as to the need of docs being re-drawn, or the purpose of marketability of title, OR whether or not a pre-nup is in effect!

The presumption here blows my mind. You would think this notary has the burden of the effect of the marriage and community property rights. As long a title insurance company will insure it as such, the "opinions" of this SA are ridiculous, completely ridiculous.

Your opinion, asigner, is worthless. I suggest you consult with the tc that employed you, and hopefully you can redeem the signing.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 spouse signs (PLEASE add knowledge to this) NEWBIES READ - asigner on 7/19/06 4:29pm
 Re: spouse signs (PLEASE add knowledge to this) NEWBIES READ -  Sylvia_FL on 7/19/06 4:38pm
 "Please add knowledge" Not here, Newbies please "Don't" read -  TitleGalCA on 7/19/06 11:18pm
 I agree... - JanetK_CA on 7/20/06 1:27am
 Re: Genuine California Response - Thanks - asigner on 7/20/06 8:30am
 I live in a spousal state and - SueW/Tn on 7/20/06 9:42am
 Asigner -  janCA on 7/20/06 10:17am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.