Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

What is it with these LOs? Answer: Privacy Violation Fears
Posted by BobbiCT of CT on 10/25/17 6:44am Msg #585416
"My question is: what is it with these LOs?"

Like law firm, investment, title insurance company, and hospital employees, if someone complains about their privacy being breached, we do NOT want our name included in a complaint. Probably CYTA that "I told the customer to go over their loan documents in the privacy of their home. It is not my fault that they were in a public place." Fear of CFPB and other agencies going after the LO for complying in a violation of the customers' privacy rights. (The "clean desk and locked cabinets" policy.)

I've had any number of borrowers insist on a public place, even after I explained the number of documents and time that it would take to review, they still insisted. More than 90% of the time, shortly after I pulled out the documents and started one spouse will say, "Wait. Let's go to [my office, our home, XXX]." Dunkin Donuts customers sitting at table next to borrowers or employees not talking to each other or looking over at us makes the borrowers wonder, "are they listening in?" Loved the restaurant one where the waitress when asking WHEN they were going to order dinner looked at a document the wife was signing and sweetly stated, "Oh. You're getting a loan from X. What interest rate did you get?" Of course, heads went up at the other tables. LOL, when they insisted on the place, I told them so.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What is it with these LOs? - BearPaw/CO on 10/24/17 8:18pm
 Re: What is it with these LOs? - Luckydog on 10/24/17 8:38pm
 Re: What is it with these LOs? -  Claudine Osborne on 10/24/17 9:24pm
 Re: What is it with these LOs? -  JanetK_CA on 10/25/17 12:32am
 Re: What is it with these LOs? - Luckydog on 10/25/17 12:07pm
 Re: What is it with these LOs? - Bear900/CA on 10/25/17 5:40am
 My signing Monday night..... - notarydi/CA on 10/25/17 6:25am
 What is it with these LOs? Answer: Privacy Violation Fears - BobbiCT on 10/25/17 6:44am
 Re: What is it with these LOs? - SteveS/CA on 10/25/17 3:50pm
 Or when the hiring party tells you before acceptance - NVLSlady/VA on 10/25/17 5:33pm
 Re: Or when the hiring party tells you before acceptance - SteveS/CA on 10/25/17 6:07pm
 IMO, that's just poor planning upstream somewhere. -  JanetK_CA on 10/26/17 2:33am
 Absolutely perfect sense, JanetK CA n/m - Lee/AR on 10/26/17 10:39am
 Amen. Please re-post. n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 10/26/17 10:41am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.