Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

a new twist on a recent discussion....also, a first for me..
Posted by notarydi/CA of CA on 1/24/18 8:51am Msg #588946
So, my signing yesterday was at the signer's second home....Originally, when I was confirming the appointment he had wanted to meet at a Starbucks or coffee shop, but, neither of us could think of one nearby his home that would work. So, we finally decided on meeting at the property....his second home....that is also where his mom lives. He and his wife live out in the desert. We settle in at the kitchen table to sign. He comments this is much better....there is just no privacy at a Starbucks. But, he says, don't you worry about going out to sign a "lone guy" at his home as a woman? He said, that's why I wanted to meet at a public place with all this concern about men behaving badly. I thought you might be more comfortable elsewhere. And, then for me as a man, I'm not having to think about wrongful allegations/accusations. My reply...I don't really think about it. I guess I should. My husband always knows where I am going and how long it takes. I always call him immediately when I have finished the signing. My signer is a veteran fire service captain.

So, I guess some of the men out there are thinking about the current furor over men behaving badly. Trying to take actions to not put themselves in possibly compromising situations.

Thanks for listening.......
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 a new twist on a recent discussion....also, a first for me.. - notarydi/CA on 1/24/18 8:51am
 Great post! -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/24/18 9:21am
 Thanks for the post. I've noticed that men are nervous now -  MW/VA on 1/24/18 9:51am
 Re: I always say. -  OR on 1/24/18 11:57am
 Re: I always say. -  janCA on 1/24/18 2:00pm
 Re: I always say. - Lee/AR on 1/24/18 3:27pm
 Re: a new twist on a recent discussion....also, a first for me.. - Expeditor on 1/25/18 9:48am
 Re: a new twist on a recent discussion....also, a first for me.. - Kevin Simcox on 1/25/18 12:01pm
 Re: a new twist on a recent discussion....also, a first for me.. - Tallsally on 1/25/18 12:56pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.