Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Here's the only explanation I can think of that makes sense.
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 9/18/18 1:49am Msg #598606
My first year or so as a notary, I was also an employee, so I had a little peek into that perspective. For in-house notaries, where their company is covering their expenses, a notary conference can be the equivalent to an expense paid getaway for a few days. XYZ puts out enough propaganda for those folks to sell it to their boss and no one knows any better.

But we are our own bosses - and the costs come out of our own pockets. So we have an entirely different set of criteria, to say nothing of the fact that we're probably more knowledgeable about the entire industry (this is the main occupation for most here, not just a side-line) and about XYZ itself. Beyond that, I can't think of a single reason to pay to go, either. Oh wait... If the conference is held in a place someone has wanted to travel to anyway to do some vacationing, tying it in with the conference might allow them to convert some of the cost into a tax deduction.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Executive salaries at XYZ are public information but not - grapebed on 9/15/18 3:25pm
 Re: Executive salaries at XYZ are public information but not - SteveS/CA on 9/15/18 4:22pm
 Re: Executive salaries at XYZ are public information but not - Luckydog on 9/15/18 7:08pm
 They're being paid at the expense of a lot of desperate -  MW/VA on 9/16/18 9:40am
 I Don't Really Think This Is Any Of Our Business . . . - PegiT_MN on 9/16/18 7:56pm
 Re: I Don't Really Think This Is Any Of Our Business . . . - SteveS/CA on 9/16/18 8:44pm
 Posters get all excited about how to save $2.00 on a case of - grapebed on 9/16/18 9:29pm
 Re: Posters get all excited about how to save $2.00 on a case of - Luckydog on 9/16/18 10:15pm
 Re: Executive salaries at XYZ are public information but not -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/17/18 7:48am
 Good post Cheryl! n/m - Luckydog on 9/17/18 9:38am
 Re: Executive salaries at XYZ are public information but not - SteveS/CA on 9/17/18 2:45pm
 Re: Executive salaries at XYZ are public information but not -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/17/18 11:36pm
 Here's the only explanation I can think of that makes sense. -  JanetK_CA on 9/18/18 1:49am
 Re: Here*s the only explanation I can think of that makes se -  VT_Syrup on 9/18/18 8:29am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.