Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Attention My Fellow NSA's: We Really Need To Stop . . .
Posted by  PegiT_MN of MN on 2/28/19 9:51pm Msg #603920
. . . making this job look so darn easy. Everybody wants to do what we do! We show up at their house with a pile of papers, the signing takes roughly 30 minutes, they saw a line item on their CD with the words "Notary Fee $195.00" and now they are racking their brains trying to figure out how much money we are making . . . . $390.00 per hour . . . and now they think that since we make more money than any attorney, dentist, car mechanic, or CEO of Ikea, they all want in on our little gig.

I cannot tell you how many times a week I get someone . . . a borrower, a neighbor, the teller at the bank, asking me how they can get in on this. My neighbor told me she is just going to go out and get her real estate license and start doing what I do. Yes I may make this profession look like a piece of cake and something everyone and their mother wants to cash in on, but they don't even know the half of it. Most of them can't even remember to sign with the middle initial after being told 16 times throughout the course of the signing, but they want to do what I do.

Here is where I could start telling you everything we as Notary Signing Agents go through in order to get that one loan closed . . . the time involved, the expenses, the telephone calls, the invoicing, the hopes that we will even get paid for our work . . . but you already know what we go through . . . you go through it each and every day as well . . . and with ease I might add . . . otherwise people wouldn't be trying to bang down the doors to get in on this.

So I guess what I am trying to say is . . . we really need to stop making this job look so easy. My response when people try to grill me about how they can do what I do . . . I just smile and very politely say something like it's really hard to get into, or it's not all it's cracked up to be, or I work 14-16 hours a day making this work, or there are a lot of expenses like equipment, ink, and paper. That usually makes them turn their nose up on our profession. By the time I am finished with my little speech, they have no intention of ever trying to do this job.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Attention My Fellow NSA's: We Really Need To Stop . . . -  PegiT_MN on 2/28/19 9:51pm
 Re: Attention My Fellow NSA - jojo_MN on 3/1/19 4:44am
 AMEN ! ! Re: Attention My Fellow NSA -  Linda_in_IN on 3/1/19 8:27am
 Funnnny but true - Signerbill on 3/1/19 9:20am
 Re: Funnnny but true - Luckydog on 3/1/19 9:53am
 Pimples of this job outweigh 9to5 job with benies for most -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/1/19 11:07am
 So true... - JkWa on 3/1/19 11:30am
 Re: So true... - Luckydog on 3/1/19 12:28pm
 It's kind of funny, because I've been on both sides of that -  MW/VA on 3/1/19 1:30pm
 Re: It -  Claudine Osborne on 3/1/19 8:02pm
 Training The Competition -  PegiT_MN on 3/2/19 9:42am
 I've trained a couple of notaries through the years. What -  MW/VA on 3/2/19 1:56pm
 Re: Attention My Fellow NSA -  JanetK_CA on 3/1/19 8:01pm
 Re: Attention My Fellow NSA -  PegiT_MN on 3/2/19 9:57am
 Better here than bumble into XYZ on their own n/m - Lee/AR on 3/2/19 4:32pm
 Re: Attention My Fellow NSA - Luckydog on 3/2/19 7:22pm
 Thank You Lucky For Your Most Kind Words n/m -  PegiT_MN on 3/2/19 9:28pm
 Re: Thank You Lucky For Your Most Kind Words - Luckydog on 3/3/19 10:22am
 Well, this type of thought process isn't helping the - Linda_H/FL on 3/3/19 12:29pm
 Re: Well, this type of thought process isn - Luckydog on 3/3/19 4:21pm
 Re: Well, this type of thought process isn - Luckydog on 3/3/19 6:07pm
 Re: Attention My Fellow NSA - Jennifer Jackson on 3/3/19 8:37pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.