Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: what I learned from eSignature replies
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 8/3/19 11:54am Msg #609054
One of the posters mentioned the reasonably priced Genius Sign PDF editor. Other posters mentioned Docusign.

I ruled out Genius Sign PDF immediately because it costs money. Whether we're talking about volunteers in an organization or employees, they expect their organization to provide whatever is needed to complete corporate forms and correspondence for free.

I had signed up for Docusign long ago as an experiment, so I logged in and tried it. I discovered it manipulates the document, that is, it adds a spot on the document for the signer to sign. That means it must have access to the contents of the document. I verified this by successfully sending a plain Word document, and then trying a password-protected Word document. The app got stuck when it couldn't convert the password-protected Word document. One of the reasons Civil Air Patrol can't use this is because we have cadets who are as young as 12, and forms may have their personally identifiable information. Sending it to a third-party platform without permission from national headquarters is a non-starter.

Another problem with Docusign is that they only give you about 4 free sends, then you have to start paying. Since volunteers and employees wouldn't go along with this, it's up to the leadership of the organization to pay for a corporate account, or choose a different option.

A final issue: kids. How many of you have notarized permission slips signed by parents so their kids could do various things. An organization wants to adopt an e-signing solution so, among other things, the parents can esign permission slips (ones that don't need notarization). The kids are members of the organization, but they can't get an account with an esigning vendor like Docusign because those organizations usually require account holders to be 18, or if the're liberal, 13. The parents can't sign up because they're not members of the organization. So we're still left with the issue of kids missing out on fun activities because they forgot to have their parents sign a piece of paper.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I got asked how to do an eSignature... -  VT_Syrup on 8/2/19 10:34am
 For things like Docusign, you just type your name as the -  MW/VA on 8/2/19 1:37pm
 "onus is on the organization." I agree. - NVLSlady/VA on 8/2/19 2:26pm
 Re: I got asked how to do an eSignature... - Luckydog on 8/2/19 4:14pm
 Re: I got asked how to do an eSignature... -  JanetK_CA on 8/2/19 7:34pm
 Re: I got asked how to do an eSignature... - LJCA on 8/3/19 1:02am
 Re: what I learned from eSignature replies -  VT_Syrup on 8/3/19 11:54am
 Re: how much was/is docusign - LJCA on 8/3/19 3:10pm
 Re: how much was/is docusign -  VT_Syrup on 8/3/19 4:00pm
 Re: thanks for the info VT :-) n/m - LJCA on 8/4/19 12:08am
 You need no account to sign only to send n/m - Luckydog on 8/3/19 4:54pm
 Founded in 2003, this has been around a long time - Luckydog on 8/3/19 5:04pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.