Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: My impression of DocuSign security
Posted by  VT_Syrup of VT on 8/3/19 3:42pm Msg #609062
Luckydog wrote "Totally cannot. It goes to the inteded person's email with the date stamp and time and the password electronically sent prior to them to open it up. It is very secure. jmo from experience in title."

A few words somehow got dropped in my post, let me clarify.

The arch villain Boris Badenov wants to forge a document which will seem to be signed by Rocky J. Squirrel. He sets up an email account, RJS@example.com. He logs into his DocuSign account, uploads a document, says the signer's name is Rocky J. Squirrel and his email is RJS@example.com, and clicks the "Send" button. The document arrives at the email supplier, and Boris logs in (he created the email account, after all). Then he looks a the document in the email, enters any password that might be required, signs it with the tools provided by DocuSign, and clicks "Continue" or whatever the right button is.

A few moments later DocuSign sends the finished document to RJS@example.com. Boris downloads it and sends it heavens knows where using any method he wants, totally outside of DocuSign. The document appears to have been signed by Rocky, and there is no mention of the RJS@example.com email address. There is no way for anyone other than Boris and Rocky to know it's a fake.
A few moments later DocuSign

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 My impression of DocuSign security -  VT_Syrup on 8/3/19 12:44pm
 What a surprise (not). - Lee/AR on 8/3/19 1:17pm
 Re: My impression of DocuSign security - Luckydog on 8/3/19 3:04pm
 Re: My impression of DocuSign security -  VT_Syrup on 8/3/19 3:42pm
 Re: My impression of DocuSign security -  VT_Syrup on 8/3/19 3:45pm
 Re: My impression of DocuSign security - Luckydog on 8/3/19 4:47pm
 Re: My impression of DocuSign security -  VT_Syrup on 8/3/19 5:57pm
 Re: My impression of DocuSign security - pleasantonCA on 8/4/19 12:20pm
 Single document application - NVLSlady/VA on 8/5/19 11:10am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.