Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Agree, Syrup
Posted by BearPaw/CO of CO on 1/1/20 6:48pm Msg #614108
How we write dates has been discussed on the Forum before. I think the consensus was most NSAs prefer to write it out completely in their notarizations. For example: "January 31, 2020." No shortcuts, no abbreviations. The general takeaway was that using dashes or slashes was kinda unprofessional, I recall. However, sometimes, preprinted acks/jurats leave hardly any room for a date, so I suppose you could do the shortcut route, tho I don't. Actually, when I see another notary has written 1/2/19 with big fat slashes, for example, it looks really yukky, IMO. But that's just me.

However, when I write my commission expiration date, I shorten the heck of it, mainly cos it's already in my stamp.

Borrowers can date any way they want as long as it's consistent and meets lender rules. Still, good tip, Linda. Thanks.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Think about this when you write the date this year - Linda Juenger on 1/1/20 1:49pm
 Re: Think about this when you write the date this year -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/1/20 3:53pm
 Re: Think about this when you write the date this year - Donna McDaniel on 1/1/20 4:44pm
 Re: Think about this when you write the date this year -  VT_Syrup on 1/1/20 5:19pm
 Agree, Syrup - BearPaw/CO on 1/1/20 6:48pm
 Re: Agree, Syrup -  JanetK_CA on 1/1/20 7:06pm
 Re: Think about this when you write the date this year -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/2/20 7:41am
 Great point! Thanks! n/m -  MW/VA on 1/2/20 11:09am
 Good tip! Thanks!! n/m -  Yoli/CA on 1/2/20 11:41am
 I did get an email from a vendor today, stating that the -  MW/VA on 1/2/20 6:57pm
 Good advice. n/m - Belinda/OR on 1/6/20 5:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.