Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Data detox on handhelp and laptops
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/3/20 4:32pm Msg #614230
"One of the biggest ones is what appears to be a major disagreement between MS recommendations for Win Defender vs. antivirus programs. I was told by someone at the MS Store (and have read something similar elsewhere) that installing an AV program on a system running Win 10 means that the AV program interferes with Defender."

Microsoft has changed the way Windows Defender plays with others in Win 10. Defender detects if there is another AV program in use, and disables its own AV capabilities. It still acts as a firewall, but will warn you if the other AV program is disabled.

"I ran into another issue when setting up all my existing email accounts in pc-based Outlook. When I got to the last one (a gmail account), I think it was asking for access to all the other email accounts on my pc."

I use Outlook on my PC with two accounts - one yahoo, one gmail - the two co-exist without knowing the other one is there. I think what you might have seen was gmail asking if you wanted to import your gmail address book into Outlook.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Data detox on handhelp and laptops -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/2/20 8:07am
 Re: Data detox on handhelp and laptops -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/2/20 8:31am
 Re: Data detox on handhelp and laptops -  JanetK_CA on 1/2/20 4:29pm
 Re: Data detox on handhelp and laptops -  VT_Syrup on 1/3/20 8:27am
 Re: Data detox on handhelp and laptops - MikeC/TX on 1/3/20 4:32pm
 Re: Data detox on handhelp and laptops -  JanetK_CA on 1/3/20 7:03pm
 Re: Data detox on handhelp and laptops -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/4/20 8:24am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.